Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

There's been a bit of work done on the site and Wor Flags are also trying to advertise a #FundForAPund campaign that's designed to get as many fans as possible to donate a pound a month to our cause.

https://worflags.org.uk/

Just if anyone feels like signing up to it... 

Very good, just setup a recurring donation right there:thup:

19 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Is there going to be a shop or merch coming soon? @Heron

Hopefully in time, aye. Gonna buy a few trial items for my holiday first and if they're decent we might get them in. 

20 hours ago, geordie_b said:

In for £5p/m

Would encourage you to integrate PayPal as a payment method though, I know you’ll pay some fees but entering card details is a big turnoff for a lot of people

I've fed this back, thanks, and thanks for your generous donation. 

Just signed up for monthly donations too. Can’t make it to every game but love to know I’m contributing to a worthy cause that makes our club great again, and makes the stadium such an incredible place to be come match day. Many thanks @Heronand all your colleagues 👍

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Just signed up for monthly donations too. Can’t make it to every game but love to know I’m contributing to a worthy cause that makes our club great again, and makes the stadium such an incredible place to be come match day. Many thanks @Heronand all your colleagues 👍

Cheers mate, much appreciated! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just a thought pre friendlies, might be a lot of single game visitors so a tweet about not taking flags might be needed?

We put a tweet out the othwr day encouraging fans to take their own but also not to take ours. We'll probably do the same tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt mate :thup:

Canny little charity raffle started tonight for a box experience vs Forest BTW folk... 

10 hours ago, Heron said:

We put a tweet out the othwr day encouraging fans to take their own but also not to take ours. We'll probably do the same tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt mate :thup:

Canny little charity raffle started tonight for a box experience vs Forest BTW folk... 

I think one of the biggest problems you’ll have in getting people to bring their own flags is the potential hassle they’ll get when leaving the ground.

We’ve all seen the social media photos and vids of people walking out with flags, which have obviously been helpful on the whole, as it’s mainly been folk taking your flags.

I don’t really know how you get round that tbh. Guess you just hope that the natural evolution of things is that fewer and fewer people take your flags 🤷🏽‍♂️

55 minutes ago, SteV said:

I think one of the biggest problems you’ll have in getting people to bring their own flags is the potential hassle they’ll get when leaving the ground.

We’ve all seen the social media photos and vids of people walking out with flags, which have obviously been helpful on the whole, as it’s mainly been folk taking your flags.

I don’t really know how you get round that tbh. Guess you just hope that the natural evolution of things is that fewer and fewer people take your flags 🤷🏽‍♂️

Aye. TBH we'd already rocked to 'the other side' after the first bout of publicised "thefts". Sadly we have to expect that some of the flags will inevitably be taken, but we have to live in the hope that people can distinguish between what is Wor Flags and what isn't. Ultimately, we want to generate a culture where the fans bring their own of their own accord so it seems senseless creating a culture that prevents just that. However, we do have a duty of care for those who donate and looking after their respective donations accordingly.

We're currently looking into alternatives; pole bins for example, where fans can bring their own flag, pole it up, use it and easily fold it up for after when they wanna go to the pub. Also perhapd using some form of sticker system at the turnstiles etc just to whack on the flag or pole to identify it isn't wor flags. 

There's a whole host of ideas but it's finding the one that benefits all, most. We don't want to be labelling all our flags as it has the potential to add 5seconds to the putting together of each flag. Which sounds ridiculous but isn't when we do this en masse. We have to be lean, because volunteers already spend a great deal of time. Even over recent weeks when most people have been footy free, some of our lasses and lads have been in depoling/repoling and redistributing and that's before the new purchases come in to replace the knackered ones.

In all honesty, this summer has been a wake up call for us to become more organised and ensure we aren't carrying excess waste and mapping out where we keep certain materials and tools. The takeover has been one hell of an enjoyable headache for us in some senses, and just as the club is growing, so are we, some of which you'll see in the coming weeks.

Sorry for waffling by the way... Just giving some insight... :lol:

Edited by Heron

It’s funny how memory works - the displays had sort of fell out of the front of my mind, then this thread pops up again and I remember how fucking great Wor Flags are

All the best to those top folks involved, looking forward to what they do this season