Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Just now, The Prophet said:

The Royals don't give the shiniest shit about the North. I'd be shocked if there wasn't some form of tribute, but hopefully nothing significant.

I don’t think there needs to be any kind of tribute from the fans, sounds like the PL already have plenty. Would be the first misstep from Wor Flags. 

I’d have left the lickspittle displays to Rangers, personally.  I don’t think the Windsors are anything like as popular in the NE as many are guessing.  Once the bag is opened to political displays, it’s hard to plug it back in - the feeling of unity came from the displays being related to the club & city.  Chas Windsor and his inbred family can get fucked, frankly. 

Up to WFs, ultimately. 

Totally disagree if there is some OTT display tomorrow. The occasion will be marked by the club anyways, no need for wor flags involvement surely? It’s a topic that a lot of people feel strongly about on both sides and personally thinks it will effect what wor flags are there to do…back the team. 

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

The amount of time and effort WFs have spent to transform the atmosphere at SJP is unbelievable. They’ve earned the right to make whatever call they’ve gone for on Saturday. As always I’m sure it’ll be the right one.

Wor Flags are amazing but it would be sickening to see yet another Queen tribute after a week of faux-mourning. 

Also a risky precedent to get into stuff that's not football-related.

I personally think it would be a big mistake on Wor Flags part to get pulled into the whole Queen bullshit. As someone who donates repeatedly... I don't want my money going on anything not related to NUFC ideally.

We're already going to have to sit through the national anthem and minutes silence / applauses... don't make it a cringe fest.

Neither for nor against, just think WF needs to stay neutral as what they display can be, and likely will be, attributed to the entire fan base.

If it's a small flag, whatever it's negligible. If it's a QE surfer then aye, that's ott [emoji38]