Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Isn't part of the problem with the atmosphere the ground's acoustics? The most noise comes from the Strawberry Corner and I doubt the noise is kept in the rest of the ground up to L7. If we reduced the size of the family enclosure and had another de facto L7 singing section in addition to the Strawberry Corner, wouldn't that have a massively positive effect?

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Isn't part of the problem with the atmosphere the ground's acoustics? The most noise comes from the Strawberry Corner and I doubt the noise is kept in the rest of the ground up to L7. If we reduced the size of the family enclosure and had another de facto L7 singing section in addition to the Strawberry Corner, wouldn't that have a massively positive effect?

Only a small part of it. Match going fans not as radge as they should be the main one 🙂

Games against big teams the atmosphere will always be bouncing , happened against Chelsea earlier in the season , will be the same for Liverpool , Arsenal Man United. You probably aren’t going to get a ground in the country where the atmosphere is bouncing for a home game against the likes of Fulham ,Palace , Bournemouth.

14 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Games against big teams the atmosphere will always be bouncing , happened against Chelsea earlier in the season , will be the same for Liverpool , Arsenal Man United. You probably aren’t going to get a ground in the country where the atmosphere is bouncing for a home game against the likes of Fulham ,Palace , Bournemouth.

Agreed it won’t always be bouncing, but think a singing enclosure will give every game a base level where there is a bit of vocal backing. The place is like a fucking morgue 90% of the time, we used to take the piss out of the scousers waving their flags beforehand to YNWA where not much better now.

I love the flags but it’s no replacement for vocal backing and where in danger of going the same way as City has, which everyone said would never happen here. 

And we haven’t even won fucking owt yet.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, LFEE said:

Just be thankful you can’t get a phone data signal in most parts of the ground as it be even worse. Peoples attention spans these days are shot 🙂

Genuinely don’t want them to ever sort that out for this reason [emoji38]

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Genuinely don’t want them to ever sort that out for this reason [emoji38]

Well… you heard my thoughts when NUST/TF Charlotte chirped up about it 🙂

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well… you heard my thoughts when NUST/TF Charlotte chirped up about it 🙂

I did indeed…

Got to be able to have a live selfie for Insta/Twitter though I suppose 

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

I did indeed…

Got to be able to have a live selfie for Insta/Twitter though I suppose 

I’d understand a compromise of HT and FT. It’s scary how messaging etc is crippled in town near the ground even an hour before the game. Always make post match plans way in advance of KO nowadays 🙂

15 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

What Wor flags do is great but regardless its down to fans. I've been to every ground in prem and honestly think we have the most old and boring fanbase, alot of clubs stand for 90 mins, we should...

We have a great manager team and owners but you wouldnt think it. 

Look at the gallowgate, every fucker glued to seat.

First thing trust should address is safe standing but I find it embarrassing fans are pushing kit sponsors to the trust. God help us.

A load of people in the corner were issued with letters before the Fulham game threatening them with bans for persistent standing. Frustrating when every week you see whole stands stood up for the entire match. Safe standing, and soon, is of vital importance.

33 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

A load of people in the corner were issued with letters before the Fulham game threatening them with bans for persistent standing. Frustrating when every week you see whole stands stood up for the entire match. Safe standing, and soon, is of vital importance.

Every club in the PL seems to have a huge area  in their stadium with thousands standing (and this includes clubs with no safe standing). But we kick off with about 200 lads in the SC. Ridiculous really. 

13 hours ago, LFEE said:

Just be thankful you can’t get a phone data signal in most parts of the ground as it be even worse. Peoples attention spans these days are shot 🙂

My biggest pet peeve is people spending the entire match with their heads buried in the Paddy Power app, only looking up to whinge. Does my absolute tits in.

58 minutes ago, christ said:

My biggest pet peeve is people spending the entire match with their heads buried in the Paddy Power app, only looking up to whinge. Does my absolute tits in.

How the fuck they getting signal?

5 hours ago, Likelylad said:

What was said? 

At the NUST meeting one of the members in the audience asked each of the board if there was one thing about the club they could change what would it be. CR said she’d like Wi-Fi signal in the ground. In fairness to her when I argued the flip side she did acknowledge the point.

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Aye I got one. Ironically a steward stood on the steps right in front of me for the 90 minutes. Got a picture just incase there's any come back

9 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

You'd like to think with it being a semi final large parts of the ground will stand for the match.

Not a chance sadly. IF we get to Wembley will be interesting to see if we do though..

Edited by jack j

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

At the NUST meeting one of the members in the audience asked each of the board if there was one thing about the club they could change what would it be. CR said she’d like Wi-Fi signal in the ground. In fairness to her when I argued the flip side she did acknowledge the point.

What's the flip side to wanting WIFI in the ground? 

18 minutes ago, Slim said:

What's the flip side to wanting WIFI in the ground? 

That people would be distracted spending time on their phone instead of watching the match and supporting the team due to short attention spans as discussed earlier in the thread which I was replying to. So you’ve kinda proved my point 🙂