Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Just now, IzzyIsak said:

"United (clap clap clap) United..."

needs to come back and not with fucking "toon" instead of the claps :anguish:

Blaydon races to be sung more often, slower with correct words.

Even the likes of "Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle" and "geotdie boot boys" hardly get sung now.

All you seem to get now is bruno in the middle, eddie howes b&w army, whos that team we call united.

It's a bit dull.

danhausen-no-swearing.gif

7 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

Even the likes of "Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle" and "geordie boot boys" hardly get sung now.

All you seem to get now is bruno in the middle, eddie howes b&w army, whos that team we call united.

It's a bit dull.

There's calls for a singing section to be introduced on another thread, but I think even if I had a ticket in there I still couldn't feel the need to sing the 'Bruno in the middle' song.  Its cheesiness makes me cringe tbh; I'm struggling to think of another NUFC chant over the decades that makes me do that.  Each to their own, of course.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There's calls for a singing section to be introduced on another thread, but I think even if I had a ticket in there I still couldn't feel the need to sing the 'Bruno in the middle' song.  Its cheesiness makes me cringe tbh; I'm struggling to think of another NUFC chant over the decades that makes me do that.  Each to their own, of course.

"Hey whoever, I wanna knowowowow how you blah fucking blah"

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

"Hey whoever, I wanna knowowowow how you blah fucking blah"

I've just pulled my fingers out of the armrests of my chair to type: yes, you're absolutely right, my brain had buried that one.  Never sang that shite either - fucking embarrassing stuff.  At least when Liverpool started it 'John Arne Riise' fit the tune correctly.

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Same, it's awful.

21 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

Even the likes of "Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle" and "geordie boot boys" hardly get sung now.

It's a bit dull.

Agreed, i like eddie howes black n white army if kept going.

I fucking hate...we love newcastle instead of we love YOU newcastle.

Also miss:

We hate notthingham Forest....

Howay the lads

The fullwell end

Geordies geordies...

Any Obrien

Cock of the north

Etc etc.

Anyone who sat up in Level 7 in 2009-11 will remember we must of covered 15-20 songs per game easy. More reason to get singing section

Oh when the mags doesn't get sang often enough or for long enough when it does get sang

The likes of Man U and Liverpool have songs that can go on for a couple of minutes. Ours are rushed to be done within 10 seconds

I'd be all for getting a mobile signal in there and leaving it at that, with no wi-fi. The less 'fan experience' bullshit that's at St James', the better. 

I know others will disagree but we have enough consumerism attached to football, the crowd having the mindset that they're there to predominantly consume and be entertained rather than engage is to the detriment of the atmosphere. 

That mindset is already instilled in all of us to a certain extent anyway and with some more than others, so we don't need to hand them the keys to making things worse by encouraging the idea that the match is just something that's just going on in the background while they're on their phones. 

Look at most gigs now, they're an absolute joke. 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Oh when the mags doesn't get sang often enough or for long enough when it does get sang

The likes of Man U and Liverpool have songs that can go on for a couple of minutes. Ours are rushed to be done within 10 seconds

Ive done near 200 away games and one of best was West Brom away. We just signed Lovenkrands and he scored. 45 mins of signded on a free.... regardless of song 45 mimd of pure noise was unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd be all for getting a mobile signal in there and leaving it at that, with no wi-fi. The less 'fan experience' bullshit that's at St James', the better. 

I know others will disagree but we have enough consumerism attached to football, the crowd having the mindset that they're there to predominantly consume and be entertained rather than engage is to the detriment of the atmosphere. 

That mindset is already instilled in all of us to a certain extent anyway and with some more than others, so we don't need to hand them the keys to making things worse by encouraging the idea that the match is just something that's just going on in the background while they're on their phones. 

Look at most gigs now, they're an absolute joke. 

Honestly, if people can't switch their phones off for two hours, then 1) they've got a problem, and 2) I hope they never sit next to me in a theatre or a cinema, because I'll fucking chin them (edit: metaphorically speaking, of course)

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Just now, IzzyIsak said:

Pogo if you love the toon was quite good i thought, especially on freezing days, where did that go?

Then it turned into shoes off :anguish:

The first couple of times were funny and good. Loses its fun when the originality wears off 

3 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Ive done near 200 away games and one of best was West Brom away. We just signed Lovenkrands and he scored. 45 mins of signded on a free.... regardless of song 45 mimd of pure noise was unbelievable.

The best songs are often one-offs.  Leeds away in 2003 was a particular favourite of mine; the 'Peter Ridsdale is our friend' song (based on the old 'Harry Roberts is our friend song' - don't sing that in front of the matchday police young'uns) which got more and more verses added over the course of the game.  Fucking marvelous.  'Have you ever seen a mackem in Milan' in Duomo square that same year - great stuff.  Also, a one which sticks out from a home game was Arsenal trying the wind-up when Shearer was injured for most of the 97-98 season; 'he's only got one leg' to the tune of Blue Moon, instantly met with 'he only needs one leg'.  Etc etc and so on and so forth

4 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

Pogo if you love the toon was quite good i thought, especially on freezing days, where did that go?

Then it turned into shoes off :anguish:

First I heard it was Metz away in the UEFA Cup in '96.  It was bastard cold and it helped warm us up - not sure if that was its first airing, but it worked.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly, if people can't switch their phones off for two hours, then 1) they've got a problem, and 2) I hope they never sit next to me in a theatre or a cinema, because I'll fucking chin them

Happens all the time in cinemas now like. Not so much the independent ones, but if you go to The Gate you'll quite often see people on their phones throughout, or being unable to keep their stupid mouths closed. 

The sad thing is if you had 5k at front of leazes or gallowgate singing and no one else joining in it would still be vast improvement and naturally would spill over more.

I know we not gonna get 49k singing but get some lads together and get some fucking noise generated.

8 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Too many old fuckers or day trippers at St James...so boring.

To be fair there is an old boy towards the back of the gallowgate in block s (wears a flat cap) he always gets up and starts the whistles to start "geordies clap clap"

They are still there, but most people sit and give youfunny glances for attempting to sing.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Happens all the time in cinemas now like. Not so much the independent ones, but if you go to The Gate you'll quite often see people on their phones throughout, or being unable to keep their stupid mouths closed. 

Yeah, it is incredible.  The worst are always your comic book big blockbuster efforts - constant fucking waffle from knackers.  I've heard less patter during the films when I listen to directors commentaries - and at least they have both been asked to do it and know what they're on about.  I will admit I get irritated by the smallest sound in a cinema - it ruins the immersion and the willing suspension of disbelief for me; but they are concepts that are beyond half the twats who fill cinema audiences it seems.

Just now, IzzyIsak said:

To be fair there is an old boy towards the back of the gallowgate in block s (wears a flat cap) he always gets up and starts the whistles to start "geordies clap clap"

They are still there, but most people sit and give youfunny glances for attempting to sing.

Aye fair comment tbf my uncle late 70s and lively as anyone. Its all down to getting them folk together i suppose