Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Next week will be a brilliant atmosphere like (as long as we don't lose 3-0 tonight lol) then if we get through to the final West Ham will be a celebratory atmosphere.

Then Liverpool after that.

Next 3 home games should be bouncing.

Edited by IzzyIsak

On the topic of singing and chanting etc. cananyone remember this from our last semi final in 2005...?

"Best song of the day: A simply spine-chilling second half rendition of the Blaydon Races that had more than one or two people sniffing and clearing non-existent dust from their eyes..... "

https://www.nufc.com/html/2004-05html/2005-04-17manutd-n-fasf.html

50 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

On the topic of singing and chanting etc. cananyone remember this from our last semi final in 2005...?

"Best song of the day: A simply spine-chilling second half rendition of the Blaydon Races that had more than one or two people sniffing and clearing non-existent dust from their eyes..... "

Was there we completely outsung them all game and after defeat, not a surprise.

Remember some toon fan in a pub before hand having nee clothes on.

Was after the Sporting Lisbon loss wasn't it? Shit week that.

Edited by IzzyIsak

50 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Remember humming along to local hero before the match as well. Mad to think I was 15 then

10 hours ago, Likelylad said:

There’s definitely a lack of variety with the current song book like and a fair few classics no longer get much of an airing. 

Tonight at a cup semi final we are singing 'up the premier league we go....' feels a bit cringe. Expect higher standards from us no?🫣

I'd put the bevvies down, without wanting to sound like a patronising wanker. :lol:

Those who didn't give their ST up before the takeover were in my eyes more or less gambling on the current state of affairs eventually happening: sticking it out until Ashley was going. Some saw that as wrong but I never did tbph, the debate on matchgoing fans on here and in general was tedious as fuck imo and has been since it started around 2014ish. They're no less or more Newcastle fans than me or anyone else. They stuck it out and are reaping the rewards for doing so. Same with those with a high amount of loyalty points. So fair enough to them.

On top of that the atmospheres at games have been poor for years bar a select few games under Benitez and now Howe. Small adjustments need to be made in regards to singing section(s), safe standing, size of the family enclosure and it'll be class again. Who has STs now has no bearing on that.

My own personal circumstances are I more or less had to chuck my ST, due to no longer qualifying as a junior (haha), the price hikes and the logistics of getting games whilst being at uni down in Derby. On top of that Benitez left and Bruce came in so there was extra incentive to chuck it. But regardless, my ST went from ~£220 for the 2018-19 season to £811 for 2019-20 and I could not justify paying that whilst a student who was to be moving and living down in the East Midlands given travel costs et cetera. I wish never chucked it now obviously but no one could've foreseen this wave of positivity.

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

@Herony'all been in contact with Wembley at all yet? Not sure of the rules/logistics or anything but a massive display for the final would be absolutely incredible.

I’d imagine they’ll wait until we’ve actually reached the final…

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

@Herony'all been in contact with Wembley at all yet? Not sure of the rules/logistics or anything but a massive display for the final would be absolutely incredible.

Sunderland tried something similar but weren’t allowed due to fire regs or something 

1 minute ago, SteV said:

I’d imagine they’ll wait until we’ve actually reached the final…

Would they not want to get the gears going as soon as possible? I imagine it'll be a big ask, logistically, to get a lot of the stuff down there. Even just a cursory conversation about the possibility might be worth having, just opening the dialogue with the powers that be at Wembley.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Would they not want to get the gears going as soon as possible? I imagine it'll be a big ask, logistically, to get a lot of the stuff down there. Even just a cursory conversation about the possibility might be worth having, just opening the dialogue with the powers that be at Wembley.

If they have they would be wise to keep it very low key. The world and his wife would be ready to jump all over the ‘arrogance’

9 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Yeah, plans are afoot but obviously not getting too far into it for another 5 days. As everyone else is planning, the group are planning around having to be down there sooner too though.

9 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Sunderland tried something similar but weren’t allowed due to fire regs or something 

Think that was a bit of bollocks tbh, don't think they planned properly or with the relevant people 

9 hours ago, SteV said:

If they have they would be wise to keep it very low key. The world and his wife would be ready to jump all over the ‘arrogance’

Bigger and better for me. Push us to a win hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Yeah, plans are afoot but obviously not getting too far into it for another 5 days. As everyone else is planning, the group are planning around having to be down there sooner too though.

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Hell yeah. :clap: 

36 minutes ago, Heron said:

I meant keep any communication with Wembley low-key, this week anyway.

Obviously if we get there then go as massive as you can with any actual displays 

10 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Noooooooo , not yet ffs.

On 23/01/2023 at 14:35, madras said:

Or go to the RVI as your wife has given birth or go help the the police as your cows are wandering down Claremont Road.

Both true. The first one used to be a regular occurrence.

Remember the first as a bairn and me dad would roll his eyes and say "Let the lad watch the end of the match chances are she'll be there for hours"..

Was funny when it happened during a break in play and you'd see someone in the East stand jump up and leg it down the stairs getting a round of applause on their way out!

On 24/01/2023 at 12:50, TheGuv said:

Yes, i also remember being in Weston Super Mare the night before and one of the lads asking for a shout out for the 5 geordies at the back.. the whole bar went up and started singing toon songs ha

i also remember being hungover to fuck on the day of the game, flagging by about 65 mins with one of them really bad headaches induced by constant singing and not enough hydration during the game

also didnt someone slide tackle one of the bbc presenters on the way out of the ground or summat?

Edited by Cookie1892