Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

22 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Hell yeah. That part at 7:45 has every player wanting to run through a fucking wall.

The British won't let themselves be cheesy enough to get that hyped though. Imagine ol wor Graeme finishing his cuppa in the stands watching that "well that's a bloody bit much innit? :huff:"

:lol:

Truth. It was like the Southampton game. They had a proper light show going on pre-match. Everybody seemed to hate it. I loved it. Something different. 

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Hell yeah. That part at 7:45 has every player wanting to run through a fucking wall.

The British won't let themselves be cheesy enough to get that hyped though. Imagine ol wor Graeme finishing his cuppa in the stands watching that "well that's a bloody bit much innit? :huff:"

Guilty of that myself when at the Ethiad the other week for City Spurs. 
The light’s were off and lasers shooting around. “Pack this in and get the footy started ffs” was I believe my response. 

47 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

All we need is blaydon races blaying and stopped a few mins before and roar lads on to pitch its as they come out.

That being said get 5k lads stood and we wont need to worry about shitty p.a

I used to think that, about stopping the music. But the Bournemouth game at home sounded like people were at the pictures waiting for the trailers to start playing. 

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

I was talking specifically when the players names where called out but also disagree with you in general. For the record I sat in the Gallowgate so that may play it’s part at times.

Agree about the players names not getting cheered beforehand like they did back then but generally speaking the atmosphere wasn't any different for run of the mill games. Just check the NUFC.com archives for the matches from that time and they are bemoaning the lack of atmosphere.

At one point it got so bad under SBR that the club took it upon themselves to organise a "flag day" to try to lift things for a match against Spurs and about 6 people brought flags along and it was flat as a fart!

4 hours ago, Hudson said:

Fuck me guys What have you done. 

This is amazing to watch. My other half even comment how great it looks and sounds and she hates football

Appreciate it mate, thanks. Thought the atmosphere was shite though given the circumstances 

On 27/01/2023 at 11:39, cubaricho said:

NHL build up is next level.

Shit is wild. :lol:

I went to a Kraken game last year and found it massively cringey, but might just be my stubborn britishness about that kind of thing :lol:

Mackelmore was trying to get the crowd going at one point.

Almost got my toon top (referee's jersey as someone called it) on the big screen.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

On 27/01/2023 at 12:03, cubaricho said:

aye :lol:

Can my har dad, mates, everyone "what the fuck's this shite"

Edited by Inferior Acuña

9 hours ago, Heron said:

Appreciate it mate, thanks. Thought the atmosphere was shite though given the circumstances 

Aye fair few lads in all 4 corners trying to get it ganin. Sad though as large amount just sit in silence.

Was clear to see alot of lads last night was to stand and sing...just sad alot dont care

Agree the atmosphere was abysmal last night. Really disapppinted given the magnitude of the game. We were in Level 7 and nobody was singing at all. The crowd up there were really pissing me off tbh. When Bruno got sent off we legged it out the ground and went into the Gallowgate through one of the open gates and just stood in an aisle as eveyone was stood up by then. That was far better admittedly.

Not sure what's happened to the crowd at the moment. Tickets so much in demand but unfortunately getting into the wrong hands, ie people who just want to sit back and be entertained is my guess.

47 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Agree the atmosphere was abysmal last night. Really disapppinted given the magnitude of the game. We were in Level 7 and nobody was singing at all. The crowd up there were really pissing me off tbh. When Bruno got sent off we legged it out the ground and went into the Gallowgate through one of the open gates and just stood in an aisle as eveyone was stood up by then. That was far better admittedly.

Not sure what's happened to the crowd at the moment. Tickets so much in demand but unfortunately getting into the wrong hands, ie people who just want to sit back and be entertained is my guess.

Agreed mate, fucking prawn sandwitch brigade. Fans going to have to get onto club and do something about.

Why havd newcastle fans become boring as fuck for?

35 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Agreed mate, fucking prawn sandwitch brigade. Fans going to have to get onto club and do something about.

Why havd newcastle fans become boring as fuck for?

It's sad really. If going 2-0 up at home in a League Cup Semi final (3-0 in the tie) can't get people up out their seats making a racket then I'm really not sure what can. Creating an atmosphere pre match ny singing along to the tannoy and then for the last 2 mins when it was already won isn't kuxh good to anyone.

If we aren't careful then people are going to start turning up at every game to witness an atmosphere rather than creating one. The atmosphere at home games is simply becoming too manufactured. The pre and post match music needs to go and there needs to be a drastic reshuffle of seats to make the entire existing Gallowgate a safe-standing section.

It's a modern society thing, not just Newcastle. I'm not sure but I suspect modern players don't actually expect much noise after kickoff either, so in that sense the lower standards on both sides balance out.

It was right after half time when it was most disappointing tbh. On the TV you could hear a pin drop and I feel it was a big factor why Southampton were able to grow in confidence and knock it around for pretty much the entire half. Forget the entirety of second 45 minutes, if we could have unsettled them with some noise just in that first five to 10 minutes, it's possible that they would have got jittery and the complexion of that half would have different.