Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

On 31/03/2024 at 21:12, Danh1 said:

Class that Heza.

I know we’ve spoken about it loads on here and social media, and appreciate it isn’t flag related, but can you please release something about people shouting “TOON” after “YANITED”?

It sounds utterly shit. Would love to hear the Gallowgate in unison chanting it properly. 

Seen someone whinging on Twitter cause I was chanting "New-ca-stle" for the three claps. However, to my knowledge, growing up it was only ever 3 claps, then United.

At least New-ca-stle makes sense though with 3 syllables for the 3 claps and it's our actual name.

The other thing was vs Everton just United and United being shouted which was quite good to drive the loudness upward.

On 11/04/2024 at 21:14, Heron said:

Separately...

Saturday may well be one of my favourite ever displays, not for creativity but for content.

Didn’t disappoint mate 

7 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

🖤🤍

We've received very positive feedback from Dan Burn, Sean Longstaff and Eddie Howe either via Twitter or other sources and it really seems like this display has had the desired effect, especially given the score.

Love to see it, an almost perfect day.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

We've received very positive feedback from Dan Burn, Sean Longstaff and Eddie Howe either via Twitter or other sources and it really seems like this display has had the desired effect, especially given the score.

Deserved you folks are class 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Well done lads and lasses. Top display and top effort from you all again. :love:

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love that you seem to make a point of doing displays for players when they're going through a bit of a tough time, it's a big part of what it's all about 

Cheers everyone and particularly the above. We've been talking about doing this for a while tbh for the likes of Burn and Longstaff.

I like to try and be diplomatic about people's views but personally sitting in the stadium slating lads who are giving it their all is beyond ludicrous for me. You get more flies with sugar than shit. You aren't gonna improve someone's performance who is giving 100% and their confidence is shattered by groaning, whining and calling for their substitution. It's fucking mental.

We've pulled displays because of suspensions etc. That have been celebrating players whom are somewhat more celebrated (generally) because it didn't make sense anymore and we've also noticed players who have been scapegoated. The clue is in the title for me - "supporters". You help people through the tough spells and give them support. They in turn will get through the tough times and you'll all come out of it the other side feeling better for it.

Any improvement required on any of these players, is with the club and the powers that be to replace them one way or the other. Not the players themselves. Therefore as supporters it's upto us to ensure mentally there in a place of comfort to perform.