Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

3 hours ago, Ben said:

I've just welled up WTF 

Same here. The wife was asking questions about the new owners and I couldn't reply because my voice was breaking. :lol:

4 hours ago, Decky said:

FB6T4sPWUAQlaCO?format=jpg&name=large

listening to Jimmy Nail song and being from Wallsend this was incredible, great stuff from all involved , great idea and summed up my feelings as a fan since 1976 HWTFL .

42 minutes ago, GWN said:

listening to Jimmy Nail song and being from Wallsend this was incredible, great stuff from all involved , great idea and summed up my feelings as a fan since 1976 HWTFL .

I never thought I'd ever choose to listen to Jimmy Nail after my Dad playing both his fucking albums over and over in the car, but Ive had this on 3 times since the game :lol: All of a sudden sitting fishing with my Grandad on Tynemouth pier, getting the Shields ferry with my Grandma, even crossing it every day to go to school, was the most important thing ever :lol: Well done to those involved in deciding what they display. They nail the sentiment every single time. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

5 hours ago, Ben said:

I've just welled up WTF 

I did as well!

Although sadly my dad passed away the day before the take over was confirmed so I sort of see it as his leaving present to me. 

Edited by CPL

3 minutes ago, CPL said:

I did as well!

Although sadly my dad passed away the day before the take over was confirmed so I sort of see it as his leaving present to me. 

Ah fuck man. Sorry to hear that :( 

Recorded the match so just watching the first ten mins and the Wor Flags display is phenomenal! What a fucking atmosphere too, booing the Spurs team

coming out followed by a huge roar for the lads. 

The river will rise again!

1 hour ago, Robster said:

Ah fuck man. Sorry to hear that :( 

Hopefully can look back in a few years and look back with fond memories.

Take my hat off to everyone behind the Wor flags. Such a joy to see it in person and on the TV today.

Great display, hats off to Wor Flags.

The 'feeling' and the emotions have come back for me almost instantly since the takeover, both things I never thought would happen and were dead.

Also it's great to see at least ONE fans group that actually had the convictions to walk away previously.

They did us all proud today as they have from day 1 in my opinion.

• Rich changed the title to Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays