Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Guest HTT II

Great Championship striker in his prime, but a poor Premier League striker, another who shouldn’t have been kept on for so long. He was brilliant for us in the Championship and vital to where we have arrived to today, good luck to him. I fancy him for at least 10 goals next season if he stays fit. Seems a top man too.

29 minutes ago, Paully said:

I loved him in the Championship (he also won me a lot of money!) and he's been a great servant for us!

It was needed but it's quite sad to see the ones who dragged us back up all leaving at the same time!

Good luck, Dwight lad!

I'll be backing 'Gayle first scorer and Stoke to win' twice next season anyway.

Will always be thankful of the goals he scored to get us promoted.  Was a top level championship striker.  Honestly thought he was gone after his loan spell with West Brom.   Though didn't follow his games there that closely but looked like he more than proved he had something still there.  Thought champ clubs would then be fighting to get him and he'd be fighting to get a move.  Maybe he was too comfortable in his life at that point to try forcing anything... I dunno.  Just think he's been too long on the sidelines and will have lost a certain something.   Hope he proves me wrong and rolls back the years.  Good luck to him!  

Ps. loved his going down/staying up goal celebration.   Hopefully he'll fill his boots when he plays that lot.

Never quite realized his goal return for us post Championship was so dire, obviously knew it wasnt decent, but he scored 34 goals for us in 122 games for us and 23 of them where in the Championship.

Don't rate him at all, although he had a great season for us in the championship. Still nowhere near in the list of our worst strikers in the premier league despite how awful he is/was at that level, which says more about the club than it does about him. Hope he does well though, seems an ok character.

31 minutes ago, 54 said:

Never quite realized his goal return for us post Championship was so dire, obviously knew it wasnt decent, but he scored 34 goals for us in 122 games for us and 23 of them where in the Championship.

Aye, for someone who was a finisher, his finishing was woeful in the Premier League even when he did get chances handed on a plate. Hopefully he gets 20 for Stoke and does well.

6 years, man. It's crazy how many years of apathy have rolled up in to one in my mind.

Best of luck to a good servant of the club in his time, particularly the Champo year ofc. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Last one he scored. :lol:

Not a bad one to end on. To be fair to him, when we were promoted we never really played to his strengths at first under Rafa and definitely not under Bruce. 

47 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That header he scored from Murphy’s cross mind is one of the best I’ve seen for us, a bullet!

T'was a thing of beauty. Headers thundered in from that far out are few and far between, so they stick in the mind forever.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, wormy said:

Wow. Appears to have been starting regularly for them too. Three assists though. :dontknow:

I’m pals with a Stoke season ticket holder and apparently he’s been very unlucky - had several goals wrongly chalked off and has hit the woodwork numerous times as well!

3 hours ago, Paully said:

I’m pals with a Stoke season ticket holder and apparently he’s been very unlucky - had several goals wrongly chalked off and has hit the woodwork numerous times as well!

Hopefully starts finding the back of the net soon enough. Deserves to have a place in a team somewhere.