Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Been watching the re-run of GOS. He’s not all there like, I always thought that he looks like he doesn’t have a much of a clue, but he’s really simple when he’s talking and just repeats what the presenters are saying to him.

Been watching the re-run of GOS. He’s not all there like, I always thought that he looks like he doesn’t have a much of a clue, but he’s really simple when he’s talking and just repeats what the presenters are saying to him.

He’s a really shy lad apparently, would imagine he was nervous as hell.

Yeah he really shouldn't be short of any potential suitors this summer. Clearly demonstrated that he's a brilliant option for any team with realistic aims of promotion. In a world where Rafa is guaranteed to be able to invest every penny he makes in addition to a sensible transfer kitty, I'd sell Gayle for as little as the amount we paid for him - but we could probably get more.

Thee are no quotes in that article pure speculation. Gayle is a hugely saleable resource to a team looking to get into the PL, we'll get offers if we want to move on.

I’d be happy enough to keep Perez and Gayle and do a deal on one TBH. Don’t have any confidence we can arrange that number of decent deals, would involve Charnley being able to make more than one phone call in a 24 hour period.

I’d be happy enough to keep Perez and Gayle and do a deal on one TBH. Don’t have any confidence we can arrange that number of decent deals, would involve Charnley being able to make more than one phone call in a 24 hour period.

Mitro (value), Gayle and Joselu (shitness) can all go for me. Perez is certainly one to keep, let Toney stay at Scunthorpe, Armo back to another championship club etc.... We've got lots of work to do with strikers this summer!

Joselu should just leave....the worst i ever seen play for us on top.

Joselu isn't good but he has scored 4 goals for us. That instantly makes him better than Luuk de Jong, Alan Smith and Emmanuel Rivière for a start.

Yep. He's scored just one less than Gayle in considerably less appearances, yet many talk as if Gayle is far superior. I would argue that's just not true. Neither are good enough for us really, and there's next to nothing between the two.

Joselu should just leave....the worst i ever seen play for us on top.

Joselu isn't good but he has scored 4 goals for us. That instantly makes him better than Luuk de Jong, Alan Smith and Emmanuel Rivière for a start.

Yep. He's scored just one less than Gayle in considerably less appearances, yet many talk as if Gayle is far superior. I would argue that's just not true. Neither are good enough for us really, and there's next to nothing between the two.

I think Gayle has had a bad season, but he's still got a goalscorer instinct about him. He'd be a great buy for a championship team, I was expecting him to hit a few more at this level tbh. Stats aside, I'd fancy him to score a lot more than Joselu if they both had another season in the Premier. Most of Joselu's goals were mis-hits or flukes.

Gayle should have three or four more from the chances he's had, which is the result of getting into positions but failing to finish. He's also been denied at least three penalties, which isn't his fault and comes from playing for our club.

If we have ambitions, and we should with Rafa around, he's not good enough, but there will be strikers at clubs in the lower half of the PL who are worse.