Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

It's crazy, but it's easy to see us selling him for £15m tomorrow and spending the next two days trying to push through a deal for someone, but who? What is realistic right now?

Bony?

Perez?

Origi?

Dembele?

The Icelandic fella?

I'll bet none of the above and another loan bid for something like Remy. :(

If Rafa really does have say over all transfers, which it seems like he does. Then in order for this to go through we must have someone lined up as a replacement, as otherwise it make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Absolutely, a point a lot of folks are missing, Ashley has been very clear in his message that Rafa approves all incoming and outgoing transfers. Here's his direct quote from the interview he gave" let's be crystal clear, Rafa makes all the final decisions on players out, players in, " 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10986341/mike-ashley-speaks-direct-newcastle-united-owners-exclusive-interview-with-sky-sports-in-full

If Ashley sells someone without Rafa's permission then Rafa would have a pretty watertight case for constructive dismissal, that would cost Ashley a bundle. If this does happen, it's because Rafa wants it to, not in this case because our owner is a greedy b****** (which of course he is).

Rafa ain't going to Ok a deal with no replacement and why in the world would Gayle want to leave. All the club's being mentioned are lower division. He fights to get us up, gets in the prem, starts two games then decides he wants to stop being a prem sides main striker?

Even if he were offered more money, the risk you're taking in not going up, at 27, on top of having to wait to prove yourself in the prem where the real wages will be at.

Why did he leave palace?

They weren't giving him starts, can't really say the same here

If we have a replacement then I'd sell in a heartbeat. He was great in the Championship but if we were relying on his goals in the PL we'd be in deep trouble. I have a feeling he might know that the Championship is his level.

The downside to Gayle going would be that Mitro would most likely be staying, I can't see us getting 2 strikers in.

If we have a replacement then I'd sell in a heartbeat. He was great in the Championship but if we were relying on his goals in the PL we'd be in deep trouble. I have a feeling he might know that the Championship is his level.

The downside to Gayle going would be that Mitro would most likely be staying, I can't see us getting 2 strikers in.

Mitro's here for life.

Bony to Swansea.

Llorente to Chelsea.

Batshuayi to us.

pls

Means no Kenedy, can't sign two players from on loan from the same team.

If we had the choice between the two, I'd go for Michy. Still, it's a pipedream. But it's my pipedream, so fuck off.

Fair enough. Off i fuck.

If Rafa really does have say over all transfers, which it seems like he does. Then in order for this to go through we must have someone lined up as a replacement, as otherwise it make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Absolutely, a point a lot of folks are missing, Ashley has been very clear in his message that Rafa approves all incoming and outgoing transfers. Here's his direct quote from the interview he gave" let's be crystal clear, Rafa makes all the final decisions on players out, players in, " 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10986341/mike-ashley-speaks-direct-newcastle-united-owners-exclusive-interview-with-sky-sports-in-full

If Ashley sells someone without Rafa's permission then Rafa would have a pretty watertight case for constructive dismissal, that would cost Ashley a bundle. If this does happen, it's because Rafa wants it to, not in this case because our owner is a greedy b****** (which of course he is).

The problem is though that Rafa will say yes to sell him so long as his replacement is coming in. We'll sell him, and the replacement will fall through.

Mitro's here for life.

One can only hope.

People say Rafa is ruthlessi can see him going but only if a replacement is lined up..We could all ger a shock end up with Origi and a number 10 for decent money

or wake up Bobby Ewing is in the shower and Colback gets the number 9 shirt

The one thing about January and this window that Rafa has surely learned is that he can't rely on the ownership to get signings over the line, so he'll surely not approve any sale without the replacement not only agreed but actually signed up.