Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Joelinton needs to go, now that Carroll is definitely staying, Gayle needs to go...we’re going to need to spend at least £40m on strikers again this summer you’d think.

Joelinton is going nowhere. We’re stuck with him until he starts returning goals, even then we’d be lucky to see half of what we paid.

Some team in Turkey would probably offer us a few quid for him and he'll look alright at best over there.

Be lucky to see £20m for him, especially now the market has burst, if it came in I’d snap their hands off.

Best we could do is loan him out. I’d rather loan him inside of the uk so he can hopefully get used to football here. You’ll get teams who will offer a small fee to take him on the continent, with tall tales they’ll look to sign him without any real intention, but that doesn’t help us. Seems we fall for that quite often. I’d ask Boro if they want him next season, completely free of charge as long as he plays when fit.

Such a shit video.  I get why someone would make it but there is a complete lack of understanding.

Plus this is a guy who has done nothing but do his best for the club.  We wouldn't be back in the Premier League without his goals.

Be lucky to see £20m for him, especially now the market has burst, if it came in I’d snap their hands off.

Best we could do is loan him out. I’d rather loan him inside of the uk so he can hopefully get used to football here. You’ll get teams who will offer a small fee to take him on the continent, with tall tales they’ll look to sign him without any real intention, but that doesn’t help us. Seems we fall for that quite often. I’d ask Boro if they want him next season, completely free of charge as long as he plays when fit.

Theres also the fact he might just need a half decent manager to get more out of him.

Theres also the fact he might just need a half decent manager to get more out of him.

Well I’ve said before, better players, better manager and Different position and we may see a different player. That’s my 1st choice with him, I’m for keeping him. I’d personally have him upfront with another striker for the rest of the season, see if we can get some goals out of him. If he could grab 3 or so goals before the end of season it’ll give him something to work with next.

In the match thread there was a few saying he looked sick of being here and wanted to be back down south, but I don't agree with that, just think he's pissed that he hasn't really been able to prove himself a premier striker here. Probably too late for him now, but that finish showed us he does have a good instinctive finish even if it's never really happened regularly enough. Think his constant injury interruptions have fucked his career somewhat as well.

We are a totally different team when Gayle plays.  We had our best performance tonight for a long time and the whole team were great, even Krahft.  Just please, please leave Joelinton at home ( the only negative).

We are a totally different team when Gayle plays.  We had our best performance tonight for a long time and the whole team were great, even Krahft.  Just please, please leave Joelinton at home ( the only negative).

Joelinton is dogshit but didn't look too shabby tonight.

I think he’s quite unfortunate to be playing in 2020 and not 2000 as had be been around then he’d probably be scoring 20 a season at a mid table club as part of a 442. The little man strikers just don’t exist any more.

Gayle finished well today and had a great backtracking defensive run at one point. Thought he was pretty anonymous otherwise. Bit like a good DM though, doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't playing a role. Wasn't particularly blown away though. Thought Joelinton was much more involved. Still looks petrified to take on a player or take a shot.