Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

14 minutes ago, Menace said:

Yeah complete prison sentence. Being paid to do fuck all. Gayle's legs have gone, he's laughing all the way to the bank with news. There's no way any other club would've gave him a 3 year deal.

Ah the majority of players want to play. If he was happy to sit on his arse collecting wages he wouldn’t have been going on loan moves to other clubs. I don’t blame anything to do with this on Dwight Gayle. He’s certainly not the player he was but he’s always just gotten on with it regardless of whatever the club decided to do.

'To be fair' to the club, if we didn't start dishing out one or two contracts, we'd have about four senior players going into the new season. Clark (done), Schar, Carroll, Gayle (done), Fernandez, Murphy, Willock, Atsu - all with contracts up at the end of the seasson. And that's before you get to the likes of Almiron and whoever else is eager to get shot of the place.

Those inverted commas have never been more appropriate, mind. There's nothing fair about it. Absolutely appalling mismanagement. 

Utterly laughable.

Just further confirms I was right with my decision to turn my back on the club until Ashley has gone. Constantly just being pissed off with every decision over the years and now pissed off after every game it's just not fucking worth it. It's not what supporting a club is all about. 

Fuck the whole thing until the fat cunt leaves or crokes it.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Gayle 31 

Remember when they wouldn’t give a 29 year old Rondon a contract?

Arseholes

Not defending him but it’s not really comparable Gayle is already here & saves us buying a striker for the championship. We’d have had to pay money to sign Rondon it’s just usual doing things on the cheap 

I’m really struggling to understand the reason why? I can see why Gayle’s accepted reduced terms. From what I can remember reading he likes it up here, he invested in that kids football thing with Richie and Dummet. Like others have mentioned, unless it’s preparing for the Championship why offer him a contract? 

I guess if we stay up we’ll be able to sell him for something at least.. maybe?