Dwight Gayle

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

645 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Utterly laughable.

Just further confirms I was right with my decision to turn my back on the club until Ashley has gone. Constantly just being pissed off with every decision over the years and now pissed off after every game it's just not fucking worth it. It's not what supporting a club is all about. 

Fuck the whole thing until the fat cunt leaves or crokes it.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Gayle 31 

Remember when they wouldn’t give a 29 year old Rondon a contract?

Arseholes

Not defending him but it’s not really comparable Gayle is already here & saves us buying a striker for the championship. We’d have had to pay money to sign Rondon it’s just usual doing things on the cheap 

I’m really struggling to understand the reason why? I can see why Gayle’s accepted reduced terms. From what I can remember reading he likes it up here, he invested in that kids football thing with Richie and Dummet. Like others have mentioned, unless it’s preparing for the Championship why offer him a contract? 

I guess if we stay up we’ll be able to sell him for something at least.. maybe?

40 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Ritchie, Shelvey & Gayle...ffs. Laughable.

You can add Clark and Manquillo to that also. All players who will get you nowhere. Be fine next season though in the league which is their standard.

Keeping Gayle is clearly assuming relegation. You wouldn't even want him as back up in the PL as he has shown to be ineffective at this level. Very grim stuff.

I guess we're going to find out of the claims from certain people on here that Gayle would be a leading striker for most championship teams are true.

We'll probably find out of he'd be a leading striker for most league one teams before he leaves tbf

• Yorkie changed the title to Dwight Gayle