Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Another example of us being unable to recoup funds for a player who's long since past their PL use-by date, because the squad is so badly managed that we can't afford to lose them. See Gayle and Murphy.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Think this guy deserves a mention in the last few games. He is clearly past his best but definitely better than Lewis at LWB. His attitude and will to win and not to mention his top notch crosses. Made 2 of the goals today and the fact that having him taking the corners over Shelvey is another positive. 

He's shit and it's depressing that he's seen as an important senior player at NUFC.

I don't care that we scored from one of his crosses, that's literally all he ever does and most of them are shit.

Go back to Bournemouth.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

I’ve never rated him as a player. He just hasn’t got the legs. However, he is clearly the beating heart of our dressing room. Bollocks you if you don’t pull your weight and brays you in the head if you do. I’ve grown to love the wee radgie.

25 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Mind apart from the cross he was shocking today. Another that should have been upgraded on and not given a new contract. We have a few of these unfortunately.

All he ever does it cross it, by the law of averages we'll score from one eventually, doesn't mean he's good at crossing.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

Apart from the fact that by watching him, you can see he's good at crossing the ball, yes.

He has severe limitations, but that doesn't erase his strength's even if said limitations often negate his usefulness to the team.

I also don’t think he’s that good at crossing, especially at set pieces.

He should have been taken off today before he did get a cross in. We can and should be upgrading on him, and should have long before now.

There's been loads of players with fairly limited ability go on to achieve great things because they have a better attitude than their more talented counter parts.

He's not a particularly gifted player, but as someone like Souness (yuck) would say, hes a man you want in the trenches with you. He will graft, he will fight and more importantly he will set the tempo for lazy cunts like Shelvey.

We shouldn't have to have players like Richie in the side, because we should have ambitions beyond him but the fact is, he's more reliable that Lewis right now.

Yeah, we have him be aside of the lack of ambition, however I would have preferred that we sold him in January as we’re were close too and bring in Willems for close to nothing who is a much better LB/LWB than Ritchie in every aspect.

The sad truth is, he should have been let go 2 years ago.

11 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

He's shit and it's depressing that he's seen as an important senior player at NUFC.

I don't care that we scored from one of his crosses, that's literally all he ever does and most of them are shit.

Go back to Bournemouth.

Here's an idea ..... why don't you go to Bournemouth and leave Ritchie here? Just a thought.

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

I also don’t think he’s that good at crossing, especially at set pieces.

He should have been taken off today before he did get a cross in. We can and should be upgrading on him, and should have long before now.

I think he is a good crosser, he's got decent end product IMO, but his chronic lack of pace makes him a liability in general play. So I agree we should be upgrading, was very disappointing to see him handed a new contract because it summed up our direction under Ashley and Bruce.