Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

right click, convert to CM

I bet he’d be more useful there than Shelvey and Hendrick have been.

He wouldn't because he's immobile as well.

It’d look like he was at least trying to run though 😂

Really hope he does go before he ends up having had more bad performances than good ones for us.

If he'd left/been upgraded on in summer 2018 he'd literally have gone down as one of our best ever buys, tbh. Absolutely integral to promotion and consolidation, and useful in Rafa's last season too (though it was achingly clear at that point that we needed to replace him). Machine-like in his productivity in the Championship and that goal against ManU was an especially brilliant moment, the Man City penalty too. The equalising volley down at Bournemouth was pretty special too.

Get yourself shot, Matt, and actually enjoy the last three or so years of your career. Don't wither away at this shitheap, you've earned yourself a good move. He should go with massive respect from the fanbase for his contribution in the Rafa years.

I honestly don’t think he gets the credit he deserves for what he’s done here. Anyone who got to many games in our Championship season knows how much he carried us at times when no one else did. He also had some huge games in the Premier League for us in our first season back. That isn’t to say it isn’t time for him to move on though, his pace was letting him down when Rafa moved him to wing back and it seems to have dropped off a bit again. It was a very odd decision to give him a new deal.

I’m massively grateful to our destroyer of corner flags though and anyone celebrating his sale wants their heads looking at.

Two great posts. Rafa knew his time was up and was looking to upgrade him. The fact he’s outstayed Rafa says everything wrong with the club really.

Really hope he does go before he ends up having had more bad performances than good ones for us.

If he'd left/been upgraded on in summer 2018 he'd literally have gone down as one of our best ever buys, tbh. Absolutely integral to promotion and consolidation, and useful in Rafa's last season too (though it was achingly clear at that point that we needed to replace him). Machine-like in his productivity in the Championship and that goal against ManU was an especially brilliant moment, the Man City penalty too. The equalising volley down at Bournemouth was pretty special too.

Get yourself shot, Matt, and actually enjoy the last three or so years of your career. Don't wither away at this shitheap, you've earned yourself a good move. He should go with massive respect from the fanbase for his contribution in the Rafa years.

I honestly don’t think he gets the credit he deserves for what he’s done here. Anyone who got to many games in our Championship season knows how much he carried us at times when no one else did. He also had some huge games in the Premier League for us in our first season back. That isn’t to say it isn’t time for him to move on though, his pace was letting him down when Rafa moved him to wing back and it seems to have dropped off a bit again. It was a very odd decision to give him a new deal.

I’m massively grateful to our destroyer of corner flags though and anyone celebrating his sale wants their heads looking at.

Two great posts. Rafa knew his time was up and was looking to upgrade him. The fact he’s outstayed Rafa says everything wrong with the club really.

Same with that lazy, baldy nonce strolling around the centre of the park pumping hollywood balls into the stand and not being able to beat the first man off his corners.

Yep. Rafa had a plan and clearly those two along with Clark who has also ironically been given a new contract wouldn’t of been a part of it. Next dilemma is letting Gayle go for nothing or giving him another contract! :lol:

Saviet has outstayed Schteve, Rafa and with all hope Bruce  :lol:

Yep. Rafa had a plan and clearly those two along with Clark who has also ironically been given a new contract wouldn’t of been a part of it. Next dilemma is letting Gayle go for nothing or giving him another contract! :lol:

Clark isn't really an issue, he's been a proper pro and performs pretty good all things considered. It's Ritchie and Shelvey that are completely mind boggling.

Clark isn't really an issue, he's been a proper pro and performs pretty good all things considered. It's Ritchie and Shelvey that are completely mind boggling.

So you’d have Clark over Lejune in the squad?

So you’d have Clark over Lejune in the squad?

Nah, I bloody love Lejeune. Where did I say I'd have Clark over anyone? Did Rafa want to sell Clark? I always felt that Rafa rated him but as a backup only.

I was making the point that Rafa had a plan and Clark would’ve been gone by now and replaced. The fact he is getting a new contract and Lejune is the one that’s been shipped out highlights the problem I’m referring to. It’s not a personal thing against Clark. Like you say he’s a good pro as is Ritchie.

I was making the point that Rafa had a plan and Clark would’ve been gone by now and replaced. The fact he is getting a new contract and Lejune is the one that’s been shipped out highlights the problem I’m referring to. It’s not a personal thing against Clark. Like you say he’s a good pro as is Ritchie.

The question is would any other of the clubs from mid-table (and probably lower down also) up offer new contracts to Clark, Shelvey or Ritchie - the answer would be a big no. It's why this club is a total mess.

The question is would any other of the clubs from mid-table (and probably lower down also) up offer new contracts to Clark, Shelvey or Ritchie - the answer would be a big no. It's why this club is a total mess.

Clark would be a decent squad option for someone like West Ham or even Everton. He's as steady as they come.

Not on the level of Schar or Lejeune but he's no donkey

Clark would be a decent squad option for someone like West Ham or even Everton. He's as steady as they come.

Not on the level of Schar or Lejeune but he's no donkey

So why didn't anybody come in for him then if that's the case as his contract was up? Sorry I disagree, like Clark's attitude, but, just don't see him at lower mid-table and above level.

Absolutely.

Clark

Yedlin

Gayle

Shelvey

Ritchie

Were all on the way out under Rafa. Keep the squad full of shit, don't replace and stand still them while other clubs inch forward is our mantra.

I think that’s the same question I was asking :lol:

Absolutely.

Clark

Yedlin

Gayle

Shelvey

Ritchie

Were all on the way out under Rafa. Keep the squad full of shit, don't replace and stand still them while other clubs inch forward is our mantra.

Not sure Clark was on the way out under Rafa, mind. I seem to remember he'd staked a claim as a solid squad player and one of 2 CBs to reliably cover the first choice 3. I got the impression Rafa was very happy with those 5 covering the 3 CB positions.

I think that’s the same question I was asking :lol:

I was reinforcing your point 👍

Absolutely.

Clark

Yedlin

Gayle

Shelvey

Ritchie

Not sure Clark was on the way out under Rafa, mind. I seem to remember he'd staked a claim as a solid squad player and one of 2 CBs to reliably cover the first choice 3. I got the impression Rafa was very happy with those 5 covering the 3 CB positions.

That’s how I recall it too. He was considering it but Clark came in and did very well again and Rafa decided against it.

Absolutely.

Clark

Yedlin

Gayle

Shelvey

Ritchie

That’s how I recall it too. He was considering it but Clark came in and did very well again and Rafa decided against it.

Aye. I'm sure Rafa appreciated his ability to step in, when needed, with little fuss. I think he would have been the last of that bunch to be replaced. The others were all promotion first teamers that needed replacing.

I think there’s of course a price for each player but Ritchie has been a pretty stellar servant to the club and wants to end his career back down at Bournemouth and get some playing time too. The club apparently holding out for a little extra quid is poor behavior once again.