Jesús Gámez

U2

Love this guy already, Flip will probably hate him.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jesus+Gamez+Neymar+Malaga+CF+v+FC+Barcelona+-jJo4Z9wZPzl.jpg

For top of the La Liga he certainly wasn't good enough to start, but do think I can forgive him for hating Neymar as he's a decent player and should fit in very well with our team.   

You've come a long way Flippy, maturing into a nice young man.

I have a life friend who is a huge La Coruna fan and follows La Liga closely. He described Gamez as a very steady, defensive fullback. Limited offensively and not very fast but with good work rate. He's also known for his long throw-ins apparently.

I have a life friend who is a huge La Coruna fan and follows La Liga closely. He described Gamez as a very steady, defensive fullback. Limited offensively and not very fast but with good work rate. He's also known for his long throw-ins apparently.

I'll take him.

Think Rafa wants a no nonsense defence this year. Not looking for the full backs to go haring forward like Janmaat. Fine by me tbh. Hopefully should mean our wide men can also do a bit less defensively not having to cover for fullbacks that have been caught up the pitch.

Think Rafa wants a no nonsense defence this year. Not looking for the full backs to go haring forward like Janmaat. Fine by me tbh. Hopefully should mean our wide men can also do a bit less defensively not having to cover for fullbacks that have been caught up the pitch.

It's not just about haring forward either, the problem with Janmaat was even when he was back defending he wasn't really concentrating. The amount of times a forward would steal in behind him and he'd be caught flat footed cost us more than a few goals. Ability wise Janmaat is right up there, but he doesn't really have a defender's mindset. Performs when he feels like it as well. I won't miss him.

God, how much did Jose Enrique take the piss in that league? :lol:

I just remembered the other day, that Birmingham match that got called off short notice because of the weather - Enrique's Tweets that day were hilarious.  "Focking hell", "Too many snow" etc :lol:

We've got Dummet, Jaanmat, Anita, Mbabu, Haidara (fitness tbc) and now this bloke.  Even Mbemba can play there if needs be.  CB should be the priority now

I reckon we'll be alright at FB if we don't lose any more - Janmaat, Anita, Dummett, Haidara, Mbabu and Gamez is a pretty solid bunch for a Championship side!

I'd forgotten about Haidara :hmm:  Yeah, CB needs to be the priority for our next defensive signing.

At least we have two good ones already.  Currently our starting CM will be Shelvey & Colback

To be fair, our entire squad is already good enough to win the Championship at an easy canter.

Shelvey & Colback would have absolutely no issue in that league.

I think people forget that the Championship team of the year last season consisted of a midfield of Barry Bannan, Joey Barton, Alan Judge & Adam Clayton.

A midfield of George Boyd, Joey Barton, Dean Marney & Scott Arfield won the league last season :lol:

All of these signings are incredible, we're finally getting strength and depth into the team. We could end up playing next season with a better squad than we had last season.

God bless google translate :lol:

El right back Jesus Gamez , Atletico de Madrid, is close to putting an end to his time as Atletico after two seasons . The Newcastle Rafa Benitez has every chance to take the malacitano defense. In addition, the arrival of Croatian Vrsaljko to colchonero team has been a key point output side.Gamez, at age 31, is about to start a new adventure in the Championship (English second division) in 'the Magpies' orders to Rafa Benitez. The Spanish defense rose to the first team of Malaga in the 2005/2006 season and reached the Vicente Calderon in summer 2014