Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

I wonder if we might see him stay. A lot has changed. He was probably reluctant to bring his family up here because he was last choice.. not so much now.

Unless he genuinely wants out of the club.. but you wouldn’t know that way he’s been playing.

Respect to the lad.

He's dead wood. Let him go. Never going to be PL standard

Doesn't change the fact that our midfield is dross and we desperately need 5-6 new players of PL standard.

This quote has aged beautifully  :lol:

Not even 2 months ago :lol:

Hope we get a decent fee for him, at 23 £8-£10m would be a steal for a mid-lower Premier team.

I think we will. He's been committed and looking like a very solid midfielder ATM.

If we can get a fee in that region, happy to say thanks and good luck.

Was it Cardiff? On at HT, terrribke performance and sent off.  Didn’t want to be here. I was done with the lad. 

But In this recent run he’s been fantastic. As many goals and assists as Shelvey managed all of last season. 

The B2B role suits him much more. Despite his need for a break ever 70 minutes he has a fantastic engine. With him and Longstaff in the side with minimal games in their legs. We are much more dynamic compared to other teams in midfield.

Of course they are way better but Liverpool have shown how a hard working, mobile, strong midfield that can get the ball forward at pace can succeed even with a lack of guile. 

Hope we get a decent fee for him, at 23 £8-£10m would be a steal for a mid-lower Premier team.

I think we will. He's been committed and looking like a very solid midfielder ATM.

If we can get a fee in that region, happy to say thanks and good luck.

no way man. his recent performance mean we should at least start with an asking price of £15m.

He was worse than usual on the ball tonight.  But if it wasn't for him being so wasteful, he'd be up there in the MOTM conversation, IMO.

He does all the nitty-gritty stuff so well.  Good in the air, covers a lot of ground and he's quite fast with that long stride.  Was pressing high up, getting stuck in and just breaking play up all over.  Compliments Longstaff, who is far more leggy and slow.  But obviously miles better in possession.

Where has this pairing come from?!  :lol:

Second highest pass accuracy tonight. Won second most headers. Covered an insane amount of ground and a couple of vital interceptions as they broke into the box.

Man of the match for me albeit a close run thing.

Second highest pass accuracy tonight. Won second most headers. Covered an insane amount of ground and a couple of vital interceptions as they broke into the box.

Man of the match for me albeit a close run thing.

Not surprised if he had ran the furthest of any of our players and the headers stat doesn't surprise me.  The passing one does, mind.  I thought he was really wasteful and gave it away when there were good options on.  Just with a slack pass or touch.  Maybe it was just a spell in the game where everyone was sloppy.  As before that, he was unreal.

True that. I’m still a big fan of Shelvey. But he’s not the most mobile or disciplined. Ki is just painfully slow and Diame is always up and down. But he’s pretty erratic.

Still can’t believe how this stumbled upon pairing is working so well.

Dunno where this player has come from; it's going to be a pity to see him go because his development has, all of a sudden, had a massive peak when it never really seemed likely. Guess he just needed a run of games alongside a very good, very dependable partner.

Will be a very useful player for someone next season.

If Schar hadnt of hit that rocket then he'd of been my MOTM tonight. Won headers, won tackles, pressed well and covered the pitch. Hes never looked like having such a run of performances in him but hes been brilliant this year, he must of copied Mo's new year resolution from last year.

He and Longstaff have added so much dynamism in midfield. We can actually press high up the pitch. Get midfielders in the box. Good work.

Very true. He's young as well, when his head is right, he's a very valuable midfielder. At least if he still wants to leave at the end of the season we should get a fair value fee. Someone will be getting a very decent midfielder. Him and Longstaff aren't one dimensional like a lot of our midfielders tend to be, they can both get up and down the pitch and press the ball, then do a bit with it. Genuine box to boxers.