Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

I’ve disagreed from day 1 about him being any more than slightly above average. He’s been shite for months now. It stands out more with the likes of Shelvey & Hendrick but he’s been just as bad. He’s got the build and engine of someone who should be dominating the midfield for us but he’s done nothing of the sort.

Bissouma is a half decent Premier League midfielder, but light years ahead of Hayden.

I’ve disagreed from day 1 about him being any more than slightly above average. He’s been s**** for months now. It stands out more with the likes of Shelvey & Hendrick but he’s been just as bad. He’s got the build and engine of someone who should be dominating the midfield for us but he’s done nothing of the sort.

Bissouma is a half decent Premier League midfielder, but light years ahead of Hayden.

The view on Shelvey is pretty much a general consensus at this point. Don’t even know where to start with Hendrick.

The thing is, players are going to look better when playing in a better team, as in a team that’s coached to play better. Which is fucking everyone but us.

The players don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing. There is zero attempt to get the best out of what we have available, which is not a lot but should be more than what’s happening right now.

I’ve disagreed from day 1 about him being any more than slightly above average. He’s been shite for months now. It stands out more with the likes of Shelvey & Hendrick but he’s been just as bad. He’s got the build and engine of someone who should be dominating the midfield for us but he’s done nothing of the sort.

Agree, he's very limited, would take Tiote any day of the week over Hayden, and he got far more stick on here. But that  mobility still would make him a more effective midfielder than most of our squad if only to close down and press players in a more effectively set up team. But I'm not really sure what his role is under Bruce. Screening the centre backs I think.

He’s been w*** for ages. Got a bit of a free pass from fans because he’s got a bit of mobility but he’s s****.

I give up

You should give up if you think Hayden is a good player. He won't look particularly good in the 2nd division when he's still playing for us next season.

I know this has been discussed across different threads while the forum was under maintenance but what are peoples thoughts on Hayden being out for the season? Who replaces him? 

I like him but he’s arguably been one of our worst performers in the last 6 or so games, a lot of goals have come from him switching off. That said, who replaces him? If it’s Hendrick we’re doomed. I can’t see him bringing either Longstaff back into the fold. Maybe Willock will be asked to play deeper?

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I know this has been discussed across different threads while the forum was under maintenance but what are peoples thoughts on Hayden being out for the season? Who replaces him? 

I like him but he’s arguably been one of our worst performers in the last 6 or so games, a lot of goals have come from him switching off. That said, who replaces him? If it’s Hendrick we’re doomed. I can’t see him bringing either Longstaff back into the fold. Maybe Willock will be asked to play deeper?

Moving him from being the sitter was mental especially when it meant moving Shelvey, the laziest cunt going, there.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Depends how fast we go - he's by no means the biggest problem, and finding him a suitable partner arguably is our biggest problem.

That said, he's talked of moving south so many times, he's probably in the group of players queuing excitedly in the departures lounge.

I have a feeling some players who want to move south might have a change of heart now that we are a club which will be aiming for Europe by next year. But if they really need to be around London, it's no longer a problem. We don't have many irreplaceable players, we'll be upgrading the majority of the squad anyway over the next couple of years. 

On 16/10/2021 at 09:18, toon25 said:

Looking forward to seeing him at centre back again tomorrow

And falling down a lot and being shit.