Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

As much as he seems a nice lad, he’s easy one of the most overrated players by our fans. The whole of the twitter fan base seem to always compare him to Rice saying he should take his place in the national team. 

He can win a tackle, but he’s bang average in my opinion and doesn’t protect the defence at all.

Agree with this. His positioning isn’t the best.

Hayden can be as good as Rice on his day but then Rice isn’t as good as Rice half the time, so we’re comparing players who are utterly inconsistent.

The problem is that most premier league teams have a midfielder who can do it all, some even have two or three.

Where as we have one who can kick a ball but moves like a snail, one who can get around a bit but zero creativity and one who can tackle but otherwise does little else of any note.

Oh and the other two locals, the jury is still out on them. They just seem like odd shapes in a puzzle they aren’t a part of.

If the takeover ever goes through, we need a total overhaul of the midfield.

Well summarised, our midfield is an embarrassment and has been for years.

Not really, he was extremely good in posession, a good passer, good for tranisitons, and it was only will get better

Yeah he was canny for us, showed flashes of brilliance and was always neat and tidy - even when he wasn't at his best . Had plenty of potential. But I wouldn't say he was great for us

Not really, he was extremely good in posession, a good passer, good for tranisitons, and it was only will get better

Yeah he was canny for us, showed flashes of brilliance and was always neat and tidy - even when he wasn't at his best . Had plenty of potential. But I wouldn't say he was great for us

was great before his injury, then never quite got back up to those standards.

“I remember having dinner at my house and looking at my phone and seeing Rafa had finally left — ‘Wow, this is real’. And then the next thing, Ayoze Perez had gone to Leicester for £30 million — ‘Pfff, this isn’t good’. Then we didn’t sign  Salomon Rondon (the previous season’s loan success) on a permanent deal and I was thinking, ‘This is an absolute disaster. This is ripping apart what we’ve built for the last three years’.

“We’d finished that season so strongly. We had a stable team. Everybody knew their jobs, which way we were playing and what we were trying to achieve. I felt like it was my best spell in a Newcastle shirt. Because of all that, it felt like such a kick in the teeth. We came back to pre-season and there was no manager. It’s not like there was anybody to impress. There was no fresh start. We hadn’t replaced the players who left. You’re thinking, ‘This is wrong’.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2168284/2020/10/29/isaac-hayden-newcastle-interview/

Enjoyed that interview. Makes this post look a bit daft

Pull your stupid twisty face as much as you like, him being dropped by Rafa and not getting a game played just as big a part of him wanting away, don’t care what anyone says. Amazing how everything is all hunky dory again now he plays all the time under Bruce. Its that hunky dory he is more than willing to stay away for another 6 years. Well until he ever gets dropped again, then he’ll be slamming in that transfer request again.

Hayden talking about Rafa Benitez

‘’I had a great relationship with Rafa he was like a dad to me. We used to live in the same block of apartments I’d be coming back to the flat with some food he’d pull me & say ’‘Isaac you were good at the weekend but we need to work on this

• 1 month later...

Was excellent yesterday playing as center back, he has been a really good asset to our club since we signed him.

Aye hes as reliable as it gets. There will always be a place for Hayden in the squad.

Guest Howaythetoon

Caulkin saying he was nearly in hospital with COVID.

That’s what some of his team-mates say after some of his passes...

Guest Howaythetoon

I was expecting him to be a liability in defence tbh, although he was probably lucky in that we were playing West Brom. Massive respect for putting in a shift after Covid though. :thup:

Clap for NHaydenS

I like Hayden, just don’t see a future where he’s first choice if we ever get taken over. He’s a good squad player and situational.

Yes he's not good enough for an ambitious side, but still probably our best all round midfielder which says everything.