Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

I've always been a fan of Hayden, and will always appreciate the effort (and blood, at times) he left on the pitch for us. He was brilliant under Rafa, and I recall his interview when he first joined, about how Rafa took him out for a pint and rearranged glasses on the table to discuss tactics. He's always spoken well about us as well, and chose to stay with us after all the medical issues with his kid, who lives down south (still, I believe?). 

It's definitely time for both parties to move on, but he should be shown the respect he deserves when he leaves. He was a good player for us for at least 2-ish years, more I'd say. Injuries, and Bruce, took their toll. I wish him all the best. 

Has always seemed like a great guy. He just regressed since re-signing a long term contract, injuries are mostly to blame but when we needed leaders this since the likes of Issac and Jamal didn't step up. He was immense for us not that long ago, had a great stint as emergency cover at CB, RB and looked excellent under Rafa in CM. Bittersweet though, if we stay in the league, he will more than likely have played his last game for us.  Wish him all the best and hope he gets fit to be able to train with the lads and still contribute this season, even from the outside. 

1 hour ago, DJ_NUFC said:

I've always been a fan of Hayden, and will always appreciate the effort (and blood, at times) he left on the pitch for us. He was brilliant under Rafa, and I recall his interview when he first joined, about how Rafa took him out for a pint and rearranged glasses on the table to discuss tactics. He's always spoken well about us as well, and chose to stay with us after all the medical issues with his kid, who lives down south (still, I believe?). 

It's definitely time for both parties to move on, but he should be shown the respect he deserves when he leaves. He was a good player for us for at least 2-ish years, more I'd say. Injuries, and Bruce, took their toll. I wish him all the best. 

Perchinho v2.0

26 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Has always seemed like a great guy. He just regressed since re-signing a long term contract, injuries are mostly to blame but when we needed leaders this since the likes of Issac and Jamal didn't step up. He was immense for us not that long ago, had a great stint as emergency cover at CB, RB and looked excellent under Rafa in CM. Bittersweet though, if we stay in the league, he will more than likely have played his last game for us.  Wish him all the best and hope he gets fit to be able to train with the lads and still contribute this season, even from the outside. 

I don't dislike Hayden, he's been ok for us but I can't ever remember any of his time here as being "immense".

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

I don't dislike Hayden, he's been ok for us but I can't ever remember any of his time here as being "immense".

Second half of the 18/19 season especially, he was one of our best players imo. Was ok for the first half of the next season and like everyone under Bruce regressed soon after. 

Really don't get the dislike some have for him, he's a limited player and been a good service, and people forget how solid he was under rafa longside longstaff when admittedly the tactical play was they werent needed to be creative but still

I think pretty much our whole promotion squad was very likeable. It's been the clubs failure to build and move players on at the appropriate time which has led to this situation. The players have hung around as they're getting paid. 

The inertia has allowed contempt to grow for a lot of these players, when they did the job they were bought to do and did it well. Many of them not fit for purpose now but squad management isn't their job, it's the club. 

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Really don't get the dislike some have for him, he's a limited player and been a good service, and people forget how solid he was under rafa longside longstaff when admittedly the tactical play was they werent needed to be creative but still

Again with the Longstaffs, I haven’t seen much dislike or hate as some have queried, it’s more of a realisation that he’s simply not good enough and it’s not on us fans to simply just accept shit players or mediocre players just because they’ve been here a few years or seem like nice people. That’s what has kept them here for so long mainly, that and because we’ve had zero ambition in 14 years and refused to invest in better players. I wish Hayden all the best and hope he finds a decent club and has a decent career, but I’ll be fucked if it’s here, I don’t want to see the likes of him in our colours again to be frank!

I can see him, when his playing career ends, as being a decent coach or a pundit, he’s clearly got some brains between his ears, he’s articulate and seems very grounded. Despite his limited ability, he was at Arsenal’s academy and was signed by Rafa and played a positive role in helping take NUFC back up and consolidating as a PL club, no mean feat in reality.

But his time is at an end here, as is the case with probably 70% of the current registered players and I think they know it and should accept it. The likes of Clark and Lewis should be chomping at the bit to get some game time and shop window opportunity by going out on loan, but don’t mistake them staying as being committed or wanting to fight for their futures, they are more concerned with getting paid the same money for doing fuck all other than training in the background, shame on them.

Hayden you feel wouldn’t accept that and will be onto his agent looking for a good next career move or knowing him, hoping when he’s fully recovered can still be part of things next season. That won’t be the case you’d hope, but I don’t doubt that’s something he will have considered.

Remember back to when Rafa signed him, apparently he was informed that Hayden was available and watched some footage of him and just said yes. It always seemed to me that he fit well within Rafas system as like others have said he’s clearly limited but given strict, decisive instructions he shows can he can perform at a good level in the premier league. Thankful for his time here, good servant to the club and it will always be nice to associate his time here with Rafa.. I have a soft spot for most of the players that we had here during that 17/18 season back in the prem. 

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Remember back to when Rafa signed him, apparently he was informed that Hayden was available and watched some footage of him and just said yes. It always seemed to me that he fit well within Rafas system as like others have said he’s clearly limited but given strict, decisive instructions he shows can he can perform at a good level in the premier league. Thankful for his time here, good servant to the club and it will always be nice to associate his time here with Rafa.. I have a soft spot for most of the players that we had here during that 17/18 season back in the prem. 

The thing with Hayden is he has the right attitude, character, professionalism and is mobile and technically decent in terms of touch and discipline (albeit in a Rafa set up), but he has no real discerning footballing qualities, he doesn’t score, he doesn’t create, he can’t dribble and he can’t carry the ball. His limited ability has taken him as far as he can go IMO which is testament to his character. He’d do a great job at a top Championship side which I honestly feel is his probable level!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

The thing with Hayden is he has the right attitude, character, professionalism and is mobile and technically decent in terms of touch and discipline (albeit in a Rafa set up), but he has no real discerning footballing qualities, he doesn’t score, he doesn’t create, he can’t dribble and he can’t carry the ball. His limited ability has taken him as far as he can go IMO which is testament to his character. He’d do a great job at a top Championship side which I honestly feel is his probable level!

Without doubt his character and mentality is as good as you can expect and will go a long way in what might make him an attractive prospect to a top end championship side like you say. Just think he has to be in the right team/under the right manager to get best you can out of him, he’s absolutely another player that is evidence of how good Rafa is when it comes to identifying how to best fit a limited player in a first 11 as he did with many others in 17/18 and 18/19.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Some don't like him because he had the audacity to ask for a transfer when his daughter wasn't very well

Naa, I don’t like him because he roles around on the floor like a soft cunt and is shite. The fact he wanted to move when dropped, but was happy to stay when Bruce picked him doesn’t come into it.

Edited by reefatoon

35 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I agree, but he was key for us under Rafa.  The insults he is receiving are quite harsh.  For what we paid for him even just his time under Rafa he has more than paid that back.  I hope he goes to another club and has a succesful career, he seems like a pro.

20 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Naa, I don’t like him because he roles around on the floor like a soft cunt and is shite. The fact he wanted to move when dropped, but was happy to stay when Bruce picked him doesn’t come into it.

His daughter got better and didn't need to go to London as much

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

His daughter got better and didn't need to go to London as much

I just have a huge irrational hatred of players rolling around on the floor. Really boils my piss when games keep stopping for fuck all and he is so bad for that. For all the rolling around on the floor he did, he never once went off with an injury. [emoji38] Just get up and get on with the game you soft bastard.