Pokémon Go

BlueStar

OK, this deserves its own thread.  Woke up to a text from my mate across the street saying he'd arranged to work from home so we could go hunting in his lunch hour.  Went for a pint and caught some trash, pigeys and rattatas.  I've just got a lucky egg, but I'm saving all my hatchings and evolves for when I can pop my lure.  Arrange to go to a pub where there's a pokestop right in the middle, farm it, drop our lures.  Set off at 7, hardly out the door before we both bag a fucking Pikachu.  Walk past the local church, where there's two kids about 14 taking a gym.  Wreck them, take it back, leave our strongest Pokemon.  Saunter past them and they say "Are you guys Red?"  Yes we're fucking Red.  Get out. Change of plan - a closer bar has an active lure.  Before we even go in there's load of emo kids on the plaza outside leeching it.  Probably fucking Inspire scrubs.  Anyway, get to the pub, two blokes having a tab, clock us, tell us they popped the lure.  We let them know about the Pikachu and they head off.  The emo kids overhear and follow them.  A couple turn up and ask if we're playing and if we laid the lure.  Right, Lucky Egg out, evolve everything.  Head off, meet another mate in a pub, start popping lures.  Some girl sitting on a table nearby squeals with excitement, as we all grab a Wartortle.  Sit there for 3 hours catching Kabutos, Golbats and lots and lots of Rattatas.  That nearby gym looks weak as fuck.  Decant my cider into a discarded Footshoot, go mobile and it's ours.  More lures!  Someone left this one in the middle of nowhere. Go camp it and some guy comes past.  "You playing too?"  Yeah!  "What team?"  Red.  "psssht" Tell him we're those guys who tempt people with lures then rob them.  We're not.  HAHAHAHA.  Joking.  But keep fucking walking, Blue cunt.  That Church we took earlier is Yellow now, but all four of our batteries are dead.  Tomorrow.

Downloaded it but I'm not really getting it either. I like the idea of getting people out of the house but the gameplay is a little underdeveloped. They should've just imported the standard pokemon battle system and worked the AR stuff around that.

I tried it out and while its neat to see the pokemon in the open and getting people to get some exercise while playing the game is great for me its a neat thing to try not something I'd be bothered with beyond a day or two playing around with it.

Fuck sake not here as well :lol:

Lad from work was doing in when we took lunch yesterday. Searching on his phone, following this map and some weird looking lass stopped him and said "Are you playing Pokemon? Go over THERE!" and pointed across to Queens Gardens (I live in Hull) and we cast our eyes across a sea of virgins with their phones out.

:lol: saw the same article, people wandering into restricted areas of a hospital in amsterdam too  :lol:

Hope they've got airtight 'you are responsible for your own actions' legal terms for the inevitable barrage of lawsuits from parents whose kids have walked into area 51 or whatever looking for a garydos!

:lol: saw the same article, people wandering into restricted areas of a hospital in amsterdam too  :lol:

Hope they've got airtight 'you are responsible for your own actions' legal terms for the inevitable barrage of lawsuits from parents whose kids have walked into area 51 or whatever looking for a garydos!

http://i.imgur.com/BbpuiPD.png

You catch Pokémon man. :lol: What more do you need to know? Caught a Hitmonchan in my kitchen and got like 11 likes when I posted it on Facebook. What a time to be alive.

Is there gameplay though? It's obviously geocatching but with Pokemon but that sounds like it would get boring pretty quick.

You catch Pokémon man. :lol: What more do you need to know? Caught a Hitmonchan in my kitchen and got like 11 likes when I posted it on Facebook. What a time to be alive.

Is there gameplay though? It's obviously geocatching but with Pokemon but that sounds like it would get boring pretty quick.

You have to catch them all..

You have to catch them all..

It's your destiny

Well I've mostly been playing it with a group of mates while playing footgolf, disc golf or barcrawling, which probably makes it less lonely than playing FIFA against an angry Spanish teenager alone in your room.

Well I've mostly been playing it with a group of mates while playing footgolf, disc golf or barcrawling, which probably makes it less lonely than playing FIFA against an angry Spanish teenager alone in your room.

:lol: Fair enough. It does seem like people really enjoy it if it clicks with them. Nothing wrong with that.

Seriously though, considering it's not officially out in the UK on the Play store and not out on iOS at all, the amount of people you can see playing this game is unreal.

:lol: Just been out on a trek at lunch, walking along the canal about 90% of lads walking down with their phone in front of them, playing it.

Just caught 3 magikarp in about 20 minutes,. Fucking magikarp.