Pokémon Go

BlueStar

I mean, I'm downloading it but this is putting me off:

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/reasons-hate-pokemon-go.html/?a=viewall

I essentially just want to play the old Pokemon game I think [emoji38]

[emoji38] If you want the old pokemon just get an emulator. You can turn the AR off too. And I like the lack of instruction atm, just find out stuff by asking others. They'll develop it as they go as well I reckon. Lots still missing.

Can I just get the apk off the interweb and start playing?

Pm your email and I'll send you it

Thanks for the offer, but got it installed. About to start wondering my office floor pretending to read an email on my phone. See if there's anything about.

You need 400 magikarp candy to evolve it, but you get an enormous f***ing dragon

still easier than trying to evolve him in the games

Always pretty easy wasn't it? i haven't played since Silver :lol:

well not difficult but a pain the ass in how long it takes, I usually just dumped it in the level up dude until its 19 then baby it to 20 and reap the rewards.

Apparently the Independent and the Guardian had guides to downloading the apk according to some mates. Assume it's not that risky to download it as long as you follow trusted sources etc

So if I walk past Bluestar on the street, can I challenge him to a fight and get my battle-virgin Bulbasaur's ass whooped?

Nah, you can only battle pokemon that are currently in a gym, I think. There are training gyms about, most of them will be taken now, people sitting in it, training up their dude. You can challenge them and take the gym from them.

Apparently the Independent and the Guardian had guides to downloading the apk according to some mates. Assume it's not that risky to download it as long as you follow trusted sources etc

Cheers!

Can someone who knows their shit please update the OP with a beginner's guide as to how this works to avoid the forthcoming repeated questions? I got about 5 zubats, a magikarp, 2 poliwags, a drowzee, a nidoran and a few eggs on my way home. No idea what the eggs do.

Every time you trade (release) a Pokemon, you get one candy.  Trade away every single duplicate you get, keeping the one with the highest CP.  Don't use candy to "power up", save it until you have enough to evolve.

Eggs - you place these in incubators (you have one, others can be obtained) and walk.  After the distance requirement has been met, they hatch and give you a new pokemon and lots of candy.

Other than nostalgia and the social aspect the game is a bit of shell at the moment to be honest.

But you can see how it could eventually become amazing once they introduce stuff like trading/trainer-to-trainer battles/more customization options.

Every time you trade (release) a Pokemon, you get one candy.  Trade away every single duplicate you get, keeping the one with the highest CP.  Don't use candy to "power up", save it until you have enough to evolve.

Eggs - you place these in incubators (you have one, others can be obtained) and walk.  After the distance requirement has been met, they hatch and give you a new pokemon and lots of candy.

WHY? Early evolution of understrength Pokemon goes against everything every Pokemon game has ever taught us.