Pokémon Go

BlueStar

Every time you trade (release) a Pokemon, you get one candy.  Trade away every single duplicate you get, keeping the one with the highest CP.  Don't use candy to "power up", save it until you have enough to evolve.

Eggs - you place these in incubators (you have one, others can be obtained) and walk.  After the distance requirement has been met, they hatch and give you a new pokemon and lots of candy.

WHY? Early evolution of understrength Pokemon goes against everything every Pokemon game has ever taught us.

Yep :lol:

Every time you trade (release) a Pokemon, you get one candy.  Trade away every single duplicate you get, keeping the one with the highest CP.  Don't use candy to "power up", save it until you have enough to evolve.

Eggs - you place these in incubators (you have one, others can be obtained) and walk.  After the distance requirement has been met, they hatch and give you a new pokemon and lots of candy.

WHY? Early evolution of understrength Pokemon goes against everything every Pokemon game has ever taught us.

Yep :lol:

Because forcing you to hold off on evolutions because for some reason your Pokemon would end up learning moves later/not at all was always a stupid idea?

When you level up, you encounter Pokemon with higher CPs in the wild.  You'll spend precious resources, then run into a stronger version in the wild and it'll all have been for nothing. 

e.g. I just found a 480CP Bulbasaur.  Even if I'd used all my candy til now on my starter one, this new one is still much better.

Ok. I'm also hearing things about evolving Pidgeys and then transferring them away. Do I get more candies for a Pidgeotto than a Pidgey, or is it just because I'll get more XP for the process of evolving them?

Ok. I'm also hearing things about evolving Pidgeys and then transferring them away. Do I get more candies for a Pidgeotto than a Pidgey, or is it just because I'll get more XP for the process of evolving them?

Latter. Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpies are like gold because they evolve for only 12 candies each, so people just stockpile them and then evolve a bunch.

Latter. Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpies are like gold because they evolve for only 12 candies each, so people just stockpile them and then evolve a bunch.

Ok but you only get more Pidgey candies by getting more Pidgeys, so I'm assuming I'm still transferring half of the Pidgeys too?

Is there a list of how many candies each takes to evolve? Bit late as I just transferred about 7 Zubats :yao:

Ok but you only get more Pidgey candies by getting more Pidgeys, so I'm assuming I'm still transferring half of the Pidgeys too?

Transfer all but 1 until you have 12 candies

all but 2 until you have 24

all but 3 until 36 etc.

How are you lot playing this if it's not out in the UK yet? To clarify I am asking on behalf of someone else.

On iPhone, log out of your Apple account, set your region to USA, and try and download it from the App Store.  It'll prompt you to create an account, but it's free so you don't need to add any payment details, just make up an address.  :lol:  I used the only zip code I know, 90210.  Once it's downloaded, you can log out of the US Apple account and back into your own.

How are you lot playing this if it's not out in the UK yet? To clarify I am asking on behalf of someone else.

On iPhone, log out of your Apple account, set your region to USA, and try and download it from the App Store.  It'll prompt you to create an account, but it's free so you don't need to add any payment details, just make up an address.  :lol:  I used the only zip code I know, 90210.  Once it's downloaded, you can log out of the US Apple account and back into your own.

90210 representin'

Whenever I need a US zip code, I just go through Ludacris' 'Area Codes.'

Had my first battle. Slaughtered before I really knew how to fight or what was going on. The pokemon I was facing had something ludicrous like 653 HP. My highest had 109. I sort of got the hand of swiping left and right towards the end, but it was far, far too late and I was outgunned.