Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

He's been really poor by all accounts prior to today, and didn't have a good first half, but his track record suggests he can definitely play. That ball through for Atsu early in the second half clearly geed him up a bit; reminded him that he can actually do stuff. Not gonna write him off yet, will probably turn out to be pretty useful in the long run.

He really hasn't been really poor like, people are being hysterical as usual. He had a match where he missed a couple of easy sitters and another where he lost the ball a few times, but overall he's obviously a very useful player and I think we've already seen that in a Newcastle shirt.

He's been dreadful in every game I've seen him in. It's not hysterical at all. Pish again today.

He's been really poor by all accounts prior to today, and didn't have a good first half, but his track record suggests he can definitely play. That ball through for Atsu early in the second half clearly geed him up a bit; reminded him that he can actually do stuff. Not gonna write him off yet, will probably turn out to be pretty useful in the long run.

He really hasn't been really poor like, people are being hysterical as usual. He had a match where he missed a couple of easy sitters and another where he lost the ball a few times, but overall he's obviously a very useful player and I think we've already seen that in a Newcastle shirt.

He's been dreadful in every game I've seen him in. It's not hysterical at all. Pish again today.

That is half pish. He had a good second half imo. I'm down with the previous pishing though.

Maybe the break will re-energize him but he should be one of the first names to be rotated out tbh. Other than the second half where he got his shit together today he was a shell of the physical specimen he is. Should be absolutely dominating this league and play in the middle. On top of that sooo many galling missing.

Guest firetotheworks

This forum would be going crazy if it was Sissoko giving these performances.

Well it wouldn't, it would be split with people slagging him off and people defending him, that's how it always was.

Guest firetotheworks

He had a good second half, how you would think otherwise is beyond me, but then I'm sure we often have polarised opinions on players.

He looks like a player whos spent his career at the likes of Vallecano, Wigan and Hull.

He's not imposing aerially, is lazy off the ball, doesn't get on it enough (apparently he had only 20 touches in 90 minutes against Norwich), and he loses it far too easily when he does. He takes too long to release the pass (usually the wrong option) and on top of it all he's missing easy chances every week. There was a couple of times in the 2nd half when we were breaking when he finally got the ball under his spell and played the right passes, but the space he was on the break its the least to be expected.

It's not enough at all at the moment. I'd like to see play him deeper and see how gets on but otherwise I'm completely exasperated watching him play.

He looks like a player whos spent his career at the likes of Vallecano, Wigan and Hull.

He's not imposing aerially, is lazy off the ball, doesn't get on it enough (apparently he had only 20 touches in 90 minutes against Norwich), and he loses it far too easily when he does. He takes too long to release the pass (usually the wrong option) and on top of it all he's missing easy chances every week. There was a couple of times in the 2nd half when we were breaking when he finally got the ball under his spell and played the right passes, but the space he was on the break its the least to be expected.

It's not enough at all at the moment. I'd like to see play him deeper and see how gets on but otherwise I'm completely exasperated watching him play.

Surely all the problems and attributes described would make him a terrible choice for a deeper CM though?

Still don't get why people want to see him deeper.

Surely all the problems and attributes described would make him a terrible choice for a deeper CM though?

Still don't get why people want to see him deeper.

Because we have Jack Colback playing regular games there.

He had a good second half, how you would think otherwise is beyond me, but then I'm sure we often have polarised opinions on players.

his display against Norwich was so bad it was beyond belief, he was marginally better today, hoever in his position he should have more influence on a game, he doesnt.

a wast of money imho, you may as well put Tiote in his place and he'd offer more ffs

He was ok at times in the 2nd half, but still overall a disappointing game for him. Thought Rafa should have went with Mitro and Gayle. Gayle was barely in the game today, with Mitro playing alongside him, I'm fairly certain we would have created a lot more and won much more comfortably than we did. Rafa is showing this division too much respect at times.

This forum would be going crazy if it was Sissoko giving these performances.

Sissoko was always far better than a lot of people on here were prepared to admit, I always knew Diame would end up with a similar following of hecklers. I'm not too bothered though, Rafa knows his mind and he'll pick the players to suit his methods.Diame's not great either, but he's going to win us a few games in this division.

He was ok at times in the 2nd half, but still overall a disappointing game for him. Thought Rafa should have went with Mitro and Gayle. Gayle was barely in the game today, with Mitro playing alongside him, I'm fairly certain we would have created a lot more and won much more comfortably than we did. Rafa is showing this division too much respect at times.

He's worked out the system, we may as well get used to it.

Guest firetotheworks

his display against Norwich was so bad it was beyond belief, he was marginally better today, hoever in his position he should have more influence on a game, he doesnt.

a wast of money imho, you may as well put Tiote in his place and he'd offer more ffs

[emoji38] What a load of shit. 'beyond belief' ffs, some people need their heads seeing to.

• 2 weeks later...

Fans last night seem to have made their minds up already on him. The moans and groans with yells of abuse at him was shocking. Massively low on confidence at the moment, doesn't seem comfortable on the ball and everything being rushed which is killing his first touch. He's trying to work hard for the team with the closing down but it's all he's effective for at the moment.

Thought he was our worst player again last night but think he needs either time out the team to reflect on performances or a position change because it's not working for him in that role and he's not receiving the support from the fans either which was evident last night.

He'll have to man up and ignore the arsehole fans. He'll get full backing from Rafa, that's the good news, then it's up to him. He's a decent player as far as I'm concerned, he makes things happen, and those types will always lose the ball occasionally, it's the price you pay for not playing it safe.

He's obviously got energy, hunger and quality but he's only showing the former two at the moment.

Just find it bizarre that Rafa has rotated most other players and not him when he's clearly so lacking in confidence/form. Hopefully he'll get sat down for Mitrovic or Perez soon and come back into the team a few weeks later.