Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

I’m still so mad about this. Literally one of the easiest things to avoid. Let your keeper make the save and make Pukki have to score. Don’t let your team down by getting sent off in a must win match at home. 

I'm taking to positives out of the sending off.  It meant Fernandez had to play and he's come in, been superb and has meant Howe even commented on how well he has played, after the game.  Short term loss, of probably 2 points, for a long term gain of Fede being back in the team.  

Of course all of this could go out of the window if he is back down to the bench again on Saturday :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I'm taking to positives out of the sending off.  It meant Fernandez had to play and he's come in, been superb and has meant Howe even commented on how well he has played, after the game.  Short term loss, of probably 2 points, for a long term gain of Fede being back in the team.  

Of course all of this could go out of the window if he is back down to the bench again on Saturday :lol: 

Hopefully Howe saw enough to stick with Schar and Feddy on Saturday, and not bring Lascelles straight back in, club captain or not.

Without trying to be contrary I find the reaction to him here a bit unfair. He cost us dearly yesterday but he's served this club very well and it's only a symptom of Ashley/Bruce that he's still playing for us at all. If there's one thing you can say for sure about the Championship crew it's that their loyalty, commitment and professionalism is beyond question. In the very narrow context of yesterday's game it's an unforgivable error, but if we get relegated it won't be because Ciaran Clark got sent off against Norwich. I don't think he's deserving of the 'not fit to wear the shirt'-type hostility that he's faced since it happened. 

4 hours ago, arnonel said:

The reason I hate Clark (and Nicky Butt, Smith, Ginger prick, et al), is because they represent everything I detest about "trying hard" mentality.

Its ok if we lose, because we gave it out all. Its ok if Ritchie runs around like a headless chicken, because he gives his all.

Who the fuck cares if there is 100% effort but not quality? 

The Steve Bruce and Alan Pardew school of football should be abolished. All these "try hard" in training idiots must go. 

There's nothing wrong with the "trying hard" mentality, it's just they should be doing it in the championship which is where they belong. Not their fault of course, it's the legacy left to us by Ashley and his honking fucking managers. 

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Without trying to be contrary I find the reaction to him here a bit unfair. He cost us dearly yesterday but he's served this club very well and it's only a symptom of Ashley/Bruce that he's still playing for us at all. If there's one thing you can say for sure about the Championship crew it's that their loyalty, commitment and professionalism is beyond question. In the very narrow context of yesterday's game it's an unforgivable error, but if we get relegated it won't be because Ciaran Clark got sent off against Norwich. I don't think he's deserving of the 'not fit to wear the shirt'-type hostility that he's faced since it happened. 

It's not his fault he is still here and it's not his fault that he kept on getting picked but yesterday was his fault, the initial clearance/pass was pathetic and then his decision making too so he's rightly going to get criticised for it, even more so when you consider the magnitude of the game

Just now, Yorkie said:

I obviously can't disagree with that. Yesterday was absolutely his fault. But I don't think he deserves to be irreparably reviled for it. 

Emotions get the better of people, he's not the first player to have that (see Shelvey after his sending off at Spurs and I remember Hayden at Cardiff) and he won't be the last

Overall I think it's fair to say he's been a decent servant for the club but under a normal club he would have been moved on a couple of years ago

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I obviously can't disagree with that. Yesterday was absolutely his fault. But I don't think he deserves to be irreparably reviled for it. 

He shouldn't play for us ever again because he's shite, not because he made a mistake (due to his own shiteness I add). He obviously will play for us again though, and he'll obviously cost us more goals. Hopefully the rest of the team will have improved enough to cover for him.

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Sorry didn't mean cause offence. Found it funny but guess im by myself. I'll delete as dont want to embarrass anyone 

No offense taken, only a near heart attack & the need to avoid eye contact with my neighbours for a couple of days.

He’s done ok over the course of time here but he’s making too many poor decisions. Unbelievable stuff yesterday, Schar was just as bad late on and I’m  sure he’d have given away a penalty and been sent off if he’d been able to catch up with that lad. 

Imagine training was fun today when they pick the bones out of it all.

17 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Sorry didn't mean cause offence. Found it funny but guess im by myself. I'll delete as dont want to embarrass anyone 

It's ok for a laugh, but it could cause problems for anyone working in an office environment

Bloke that was brought in for a one off championship season that's still here 5years later because of the joke of the way this club was ran. Same with Gayle, Lascelles and Darlow. Any club remotely trying would have replaced them all by now.

He's been a decent servant and its not his fault he's still here.

That'll be the moment though.

Edited by Wolfcastle

51 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Bloke that was brought in for a one off championship season that's still here 5years later because of the joke of the way this club was ran. Same with Gayle, Lascelles and Darlow. Any club remotely trying would have replaced them all by now.

It’s not his fault he’s still here, but it’s his fault that he is a complete liability and it’s unforgettable his mistake last night, totally brain dead and unprofessional even. 

59 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

38 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Hope someone told this cunt to fuck off as he took the walk of shame. Fucking wanker.

The duality of man. 

It’s not just last night, he’s made several absolute howlers this season. Kept getting picked inexplicably.

I’m still fuming about it, same as I still am about Shelvey against Spurs. Just pure stupidity.

I think back to when Rafa was picking players who we knew were less talented then some who were being left out, but I get it now. It’s all about trust.

It would be a small squad if we only named the ones we could count on.

Still furious at this fucking braindead prick. Mistakes I can accept, no-one's perfect we all make them, but he makes them every fucking game. He compounded his mistake and deliberately (the thick cunt knew what was coming, fucking shithouse) left his 10 remaining teammates in the fucking wet shit for 80+ minutes in the most important game of the season. It's unforgivable for me. He has no use or future here, bin the fucker asap.