Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

2 hours ago, midds said:

Difficult to underestimate how fucking thick he is to pull a stunt like that under those circumstances. He's a fucking liability and that needs to be his last act as a Newcastle player. Leave him out of the squad and tell him to find somewhere else to play. He's fucking brain dead. 

He should be sacked for this kind of crap, what a fucking stupid fucking moron this idiot is. In a fucking glorified training game, in a host country, a country our owners hail from. Honestly, if they sacked him tomorrow, he’d have no right to complain. I’ve had enough of his ilk.

Perfect opportunity to bin this absolute embarrassment. Second he gets back, contract torn up for any reason - I don't care, gross misconduct? acting the prick? being just shite for 3 years? Twat off to a reserves bench elsewhere you utter cretin.

1 hour ago, midds said:

If he's going to lose his head in a zero pressure friendly then how the fuck can he expect to be trusted in a high pressure PL 6 pointer? 

He's got a much control over his head as he has his feet. He has no place in this squad. 

Yup. Today goes to show yet again that he can’t handle the pressure he is under.

Shouldn’t play for us again. 

Sorry to be 'that' guy but I think people are looking at this in a canny simplistic way.

Clark has been a good servant to the club. It may have been stupid what he did today, but he's done it whilst playing in soaring heat more than likely, whilst his PL career (and salary) is coming under much scrutiny and likely going down the pan and has already received a lot of criticism and most likely abuse for Norwich. So there absolutely is pressure for someone like him. 

That being my next point, what he did vs Norwich, whilst again, lacked a consideration for the bigger picture, playing as a CB myself, I'd have probably done the same in that position. It's easy for everyone to say from like 50m away or in retrospect or whatever, but our relegation rivals were in on goal and actually had we won, we'd have maybe argued he'd made the right call there.

I just think there's a higher level of pressure these days owing to the financial element of football. Some will rise to it, others will fall by the wayside. He's tried his best and has served his purpose here. That should be applauded, thanked and both parties should move on... 

Edited by Heron

Probably the booze withdrawal causing a short temper. 

((No idea if Clark actually is a big drinker))

Anyway, this'll be brushed under the carpet. He's next in line for Howe after Schar and Lascelles despite being a braindead lump. He'll not cut him loose before he cuts Fede loose. 

58 minutes ago, Heron said:

Sorry to be 'that' guy but I think people are looking at this in a canny simplistic way.

Clark has been a good servant to the club. It may have been stupid what he did today, but he's done it whilst playing in soaring heat more than likely, whilst his PL career (and salary) is coming under much scrutiny and likely going down the pan and has already received a lot of criticism and most likely abuse for Norwich. So there absolutely is pressure for someone like him. 

That being my next point, what he did vs Norwich, whilst again, lacked a consideration for the bigger picture, playing as a CB myself, I'd have probably done the same in that position. It's easy for everyone to say from like 50m away or in retrospect or whatever, but our relegation rivals were in on goal and actually had we won, we'd have maybe argued he'd made the right call there.

I just think there's a higher level of pressure these days owing to the financial element of football. Some will rise to it, others will fall by the wayside. He's tried his best and has served his purpose here. That should be applauded, thanked and both parties should move on... 

He keeps doing dumb shit on top of dumb shit , therefore makes himself a target.

Can't blame the heat for him being a fucking idiot I'm afraid.

Edited by Numbers

I've been watching back clips of our last few games and Lascelles has to go before this guy does. Convinced we only won that Leeds game because Lascelles had to go off.

Lascelles is too slow and cumbersome on the ball to play in Howe's setup. Almost every dangerous situation came about from Lascelles having terrible awareness or being too slow. Genuinely think if he drops out of the team we will be on our way the rest of the season now.

I think all the vitriol on here is just internet pantomime stuff. As far as I'm aware his conduct off the pitch is good and he's been a useful player for us.

However, he's clearly not good enough to play in the Premiership anymore. That he is and would have been all season if we hadn't been bought is a good concise example of how Ashley was slowly running the club into the ground. He's always had a daft mistake in him. I remember him doing it regularly at Villa, but other aspects of his game made up for this. Now as he ages they don't and he's never developed much footballing intelligence to compensate either.

His name should be first OFF the team sheet.

4 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I think all the vitriol on here is just internet pantomime stuff. As far as I'm aware his conduct off the pitch is good and he's been a useful player for us.

However, he's clearly not good enough to play in the Premiership anymore. That he is and would have been all season if we hadn't been bought is a good concise example of how Ashley was slowly running the club into the ground. He's always had a daft mistake in him. I remember him doing it regularly at Villa, but other aspects of his game made up for this. Now as he ages they don't and he's never developed much footballing intelligence to compensate either.

His name should be first OFF the team sheet.

Gotta agree with this — he's been here 6 years, he's 33 this year and should be moving down the leagues as he can't keep up anymore.