Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congratulations, against Preston too, I remember being at Preston watching Swansea win to gain our first ever promotion to the First Division in 1981, the glorious Toshack years.

Good read.

Spent ages reading that. After the Twitter outcry from Championship fans every week nice to see some positive comments from other fans. Feels odd though.

Where the fuck has this garbage narrative that we're a yo-yo club come from?

2 relegations & promotions in 8 years

Same as Hull, Burnley, Norwich.. 1 more promotion than Reading (unless they come up this season too).  I assume most would call those "yo-yo clubs"

Delighted for the players and manager, who has done a brilliant job in a short time and especially for the fans who should be given PL football - and of a decent standard - all the time.

The really hard work begins now and its up to one Michael Ashley to ensure Rafa has enough funds to build a side capable of holding its own - and progressing - in the Premier League. There should be NO flirtations with relegation for at least 10 years.

We shall see.

What a relief. I don't think I could bear to watch that team for another season.

It hasn't been pretty, but Rafa has delivered. Hopefully, he'll be able to attract players of a class that McClaren and Pardew weren't able to. All areas of the team need strengthening.

Buzzing when I saw this had been achieved this morning. Definitely a few beers sank in muted celebration to the end of this shit league, its shit clubs and even worse officials and correspondents.