Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Ayoze man ... I just don't know. Seems a while since the guy has performed in a meaningful game. Really not sure about him at number 10 in and amongst bodies. The physicality hinders him.

How long till De Jong is fit like?

Never :lol:

Think we should play Diame there, as he did for Hull last season.

Shelvey alongside Hayden.

Ayoze man ... I just don't know. Seems a while since the guy has performed in a meaningful game. Really not sure about him at number 10 in and amongst bodies. The physicality hinders him.

How long till De Jong is fit like?

:lol:

We need to adjust to the league, while the players should be straight at it, it never works like that.

We need half a dozen games to settle down, and with thee out of the next four at home that's exactly what i expect to happen.

I don't think we have to adjust at all to the league, we just have to pick square pegs for square holes and stop being afraid to attack what we are up against.

The issue was playing 442 with only one winger in the team, no crate midfielders and two small unphysical strikers. We resorted to playing long balls as we didn't have any real attacking threat and gayle/ Perez are never going to win any of them. We need to play a lot better than that if we are going to get promoted. We didn't seem to play like we thought we were the favourites. Not a disaster but 442 with those players won't work

A wake up call then, whatever you want to call it. 6-1 against Leyton Orient.

Go away. You haven't got a clue.

Sorry?

I said "go away you haven't got a clue". We've just been relegated. That was the wake up call.

The captain and manager need to go away (where?) as well then. :thup:

Totally disagree with anyone saying goes that was a wake up call, you the manager and the  captian included.

Relegation was the wake up call.

We need to adjust to the league, while the players should be straight at it, it never works like that.

We need half a dozen games to settle down, and with thee out of the next four at home that's exactly what i expect to happen.

I don't think we have to adjust at all to the league, we just have to pick square pegs for square holes and stop being afraid to attack what we are up against.

True, it's a bit of both really, picking the right team does tend to help win games like.

Sorry?

I said "go away you haven't got a clue". We've just been relegated. That was the wake up call.

Totally disagree with anyone saying goes that was a wake up call, you the manager and the  captian included.

Maybe relegation was the snooze button.  I think you're allowed more than one wake up call anyway.

It was a tight game which could have gone either way but the ref had a big say. Poor performance overall from us, but we still did enough for at least a draw.

The problems were evident before kickoff when you saw the squad. We only have 2 natural wingers in the squad and hardly any creative players. A winger is a must. Hopefully Diame can add some spark in midfield.

Hayden looked decent. Colback and Anita were awful. Gayle never got in the game and looks a strange signing which still leaves us needing a proven goalscorer. Even stranger when you consider McCormack went for similar money. Ritchie looked bright. Too early to judge Hanley and he didn't have a lot to do, but I'm surprised to see Mbemba dropped.

Playing with 3 DMs against a side that came 20th is a strange one for a team supposedly chasing promotion. Shows a lack of faith in Shelvey and Aarons and exposes the lack of attacking talent in the squad.

The main worry is the fact Fulham have given the rest of the shite in this league the blueprint to stifling and beating us. We lack a cutting edge, we're slow and cautious in possession and can't defend set pieces. Sit back, soak it up and play a big lump up front, play for throws and corners and exploit our inability to defend them. The rest of the league have watched that and now know our weaknesses. :hmm:

Nothing they wouldn't have done anyway tbh (most of the them anyway)

Sorry?

I've woken up more than once.

Guest ElCid

I keep hearing wake up call the last few pages - what a pile of s*** and if that's the case I question the mentality and attitude of some of the players at this club.

Inspector f***ing Morse over here :lol:

So why are those players in the team then - as I said I do think Rafa is the best person for the job but his team selection was wrong and really they have had all preseason to stamp home any wake up call needed. If there are players in the team that need a wake up call then I would ask why are they even at the club still and even worse why are they in the team.

Guest ElCid

f***ing hell man it was a throwaway comment by a 22 year old lad who's trying to take hold of the dressing room.

...... and the manager

f***ing hell man it was a throwaway comment by a 22 year old lad who's trying to take hold of the dressing room.

...... and the manager

Throwaway comment by a 56 year old bloke.

Listen, we were absolutely rubbish. No excuses. Let's put it right against Huddersfield.