DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

I have no opinion on this signing, other than to say that the persistent mentions of genuine pace are a welcome relief.

Obertan had pace.

He will probably be alright and I trust Rafa. The Makems loved him even though they will now be saying he is shit and we need that balance with an overlapping full back

I have no opinion on this signing, other than to say that the persistent mentions of genuine pace are a welcome relief.

Be great when he gets to the by line only to find Mitro has only just crossed the half way line.

My mackem supporting mate isn't too happy they didn't sign him and feels he is an upgrade on Janmaat.

I remember there was some hype around him when he went to Spurs, but I can't say I've seen much of him myself. Can't be any worse defensively than Janmaat, but wonder if he will offer half as much going forward.

Bleating on about Rafa's "resume" in that article on the club site.

It's a CV man, you mackem c***.

Lol, I read that whole article and this oversight completely went over my head. Having lived on this side of the pond for the best part of 15 years now, I guess I'm getting ingrained in their bastardisation of the English language. Using chips for crisps, trunk for boot, sweater for jumper, having no concept of what a brolly is or having different meanings for fanny and suspenders. Not to mention the fact that my wife won't let me call football, football in front of my boys, I have to call it that awful term soccer because the "handoval" game is called football here and we can't have them teased at school !!

I've notified Immigration and Customs Enforcement.  :morph:

Double notification.

Lol, I read that whole article and this oversight completely went over my head. Having lived on this side of the pond for the best part of 15 years now, I guess I'm getting ingrained in their bastardisation of the English language. Using chips for crisps, trunk for boot, sweater for jumper, having no concept of what a brolly is or having different meanings for fanny and suspenders. Not to mention the fact that my wife won't let me call football, football in front of my boys, I have to call it that awful term soccer because the "handoval" game is called football here and we can't have them teased at school !!

Double notification.

No jurisdiction in Canada and I got me a citizenship so I'm untouchable and free to education the natives on correct use of the Queen's English :)

Double notification.

No jurisdiction in Canada and I got me a citizenship so I'm untouchable and free to education the natives on correct use of the Queen's English :)

Well, I guess I stand educationed.

Now I don't have to hate him because he played for Sunderland. Happy about this, hope he proves every negative f***er wrong.

Don't lie, you were all spunking baconaise over Altidore.

instead of coming up with a shit food related unfunny stereotype, I'll just simply say I wanted him to always stay in Holland because I felt it was his level and he'd be banging goals in for fun and be in form for the US team. I hated his move to Sunderland, I talked loads of shit about him when he went to Sunderland. And he was embarrassingly awful there. I felt the same for Yedlin who only gained my support when he wore the US shirt. But carry on assuming every American actually likes Jozy. 

Double notification.

Well, I guess I stand educationed.

Hehe, I would like to say that was intentional, but it wasn't :)

Don't have much knowledge of him to make a judgement so said judgement can wait until he's had a few games for us. He's here and he's playing for us so he gets my full support until/unless he turns into the next Colback.

Grim if this is Americans' first thought when thinking of Newcastle

It's either that or the beer

When I lived in the US, whenever I told anyone that I was from Newcastle, Brown Ale was the thing they would talk about. They call it Newcastle over here not Broon or Dog :(

He's fast as fuck, but got a lot to learn. Loads of encouraging signs in pre-season though, so it wouldn't surprise me if he does the business in the Championship. I hoped he'd stay tbh, so I have to expect him to do well for you guys.

Now I don't have to hate him because he played for Sunderland. Happy about this, hope he proves every negative f***er wrong.

Don't lie, you were all spunking baconaise over Altidore.

instead of coming up with a s*** food related unfunny stereotype, I'll just simply say I wanted him to always stay in Holland because I felt it was his level and he'd be banging goals in for fun and be in form for the US team. I hated his move to Sunderland, I talked loads of s*** about him when he went to Sunderland. And he was embarrassingly awful there. I felt the same for Yedlin who only gained my support when he wore the US shirt. But carry on assuming every American actually likes Jozy. 

So you're a fan of Jozy's Hollandaise?

Excited about this, naturally. I'll just add that he's a really sound lad by all accounts, so that at least would be an improvement on Janmaat.

Don't really buy the "he's prone to do dumb shit" line either. That's based on a couple questionable calls from one tournament, and not something that's borne out by his record.

Just don't make him mark the opposition's CF at the back post and I think everyone will be pleased. :lol:

Absolutely unconnected but great to see you back Baba, good you're keeping wel :thup:

:thup:

The feeling is appreciated and reciprocated.

Excited about this, naturally. I'll just add that he's a really sound lad by all accounts, so that at least would be an improvement on Janmaat.

Don't really buy the "he's prone to do dumb s***" line either. That's based on a couple questionable calls from one tournament, and not something that's borne out by his record.

Just don't make him mark the opposition's CF at the back post and I think everyone will be pleased. :lol:

Does he generally start at right back for the US or is it Cameron?

Absolutely unconnected but great to see you back Baba, good you're keeping wel :thup:

:thup:

The feeling is appreciated and reciprocated.

Don't really buy the "he's prone to do dumb s***" line either. That's based on a couple questionable calls from one tournament, and not something that's borne out by his record.

Does he generally start at right back for the US or is it Cameron?

Yedlin's played RB his last 8 appearances for the US after being moved all over the field his first two years with the team. Seems Klinsmann's finally figured out that Yedlin-Cameron-Brooks + LB is our best backline.

Really disappointed Poch never gave him more time.  He joined Spurs when he was really raw and has improved a lot in his time out on loan with Sunderland.  I would have liked him to have had another year on loan but maybe Poch couldn't see him getting to the level Poch wanted.  Who knows?

Hope he does well for you and we see him and you back in the PL next season.