Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

1800 dead. 2nd quake has just hit at 7.5 (1st was 7.8) that doesn't sound good for continued resuce situations. I fear that could jump quite a but.

Middle of the night the 1st one, will have caught so many unaware and not in buildings with much safety measure 

I get that it's a money thing in a lot of places, but it's absolutely crazy to me that Japan is still one of the few earthquake hotspots that uses lightweight materials for its buildings. Something stupid like only 19 people died from the actual earthquake in 2011.

21 minutes ago, Dokko said:

1800 dead. 2nd quake has just hit at 7.5 (1st was 7.8) that doesn't sound good for continued resuce situations. I fear that could jump quite a but.

Middle of the night the 1st one, will have caught so many unaware and not in buildings with much safety measure 

Isn’t the 2nd one elsewhere in the country?

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I get that it's a money thing in a lot of places, but it's absolutely crazy to me that Japan is still one of the few earthquake hotspots that uses lightweight materials for its buildings. Something stupid like only 19 people died from the actual earthquake in 2011.

Is it not, also, that they're building ate designed to be flexible? Remember seeing a short documentary on it and, in the footage inside, a building was swaying too and fro. Not a crack in sight