Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

If he was on the 9th floor of a collapsed building, it’s not likely that he’ll emerge alive or if he does, with life changing injuries.

I loathe social media at times like these.. accuracy is a distant second to being first.

I really hope I’m wrong. 😔

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

If he was on the 9th floor of a collapsed building, it’s not likely that he’ll emerge alive or if he does, with life changing injuries.

I loathe social media at times like these.. accuracy is a distant second to being first.

I really hope I’m wrong. 😔

It's fucking awful, and people oftentimes don't face consequences for pulling shit out of their asses. I spend inordinate hours of my time double checking my work for accuracy, and still stress about it all the time.

It's just so fucking cruel that someone would pull this of all things out of their ass.

There are all manner of back and forth reports about this now. I apologise if I spread false information in regards to this earlier; was not intentional. I will just say my prayers are that he is alive and well and leave it at that. The situation is understandably very fluid and chaotic. 

Posted at 8:588:58

Atsu found alive in Turkey

Ghanaian winger Christian Atsu has been pulled from the rubble of a building in Hatay with injuries, his manager Mustafa Özat has told Turkish radio.

The former Newcastle player, now with Turkish side Hatayspor, was trapped after the earthquakes that killed at least 2,000 people in Turkey and Syria on 6 February.

Hatay was one of the cities closest to the epicentre of the quake, and has suffered extensive damage. The club's sporting director Taner Savut remains in the collapsed building,

"Christian Atsu was removed from the wreckage with injuries," Özat told Turkish radio channel Radyo Gol.

"Unfortunately, our sporting director Taner Savut is still under the rubble.

Özat added: "Hatay was deeply affected. We are coming towards the end of the most dangerous hours."

From BBC 08:58

2 hours ago, James said:

While initially relieved I’m still genuinely concerned about what he and other survivors might have inhaled when the buildings collapsed.

Breathing problems and an injured foot i read, not sure how true tho

26 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Probably just me, but I find it awful that they’re making a big deal out of Atsu’s rescue all because he’s a famous footballer, while there’s still thousands of others still trapped under the rubble. 

Yeah same, it's no more tragic than any other person who was involved. Odd really, happens all the time with celebrity deaths and all that too. 

TBH I've avoided the whole story anyway.

3 hours ago, James said:

While initially relieved I’m still genuinely concerned about what he and other survivors might have inhaled when the buildings collapsed.

Same for the rescuers many of them are civilians on the scene with no PPE going through this stuff.

2 hours ago, danny said:

Breathing problems and an injured foot i read, not sure how true tho

sorry to be grim but sadly if he (or anyone else on the scene) breathed certain building construction materials in (not just asbestos although that is the obvious one) then the risk of him dying of some painful cancer within 20 years has increased exponentially