Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Probably just me, but I find it awful that they’re making a big deal out of Atsu’s rescue all because he’s a famous footballer, while there’s still thousands of others still trapped under the rubble. 

I know what you mean/had similar thoughts, but decided it isn’t an example of valuing one life over others, it is just that that particular person is known to us and remembered fondly by many. 

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Probably just me, but I find it awful that they’re making a big deal out of Atsu’s rescue all because he’s a famous footballer, while there’s still thousands of others still trapped under the rubble. 

Had the same thought yesterday myself having felt colder about Atsu than the others, but I suppose its someone we know so only natural.

That there's news on Atsu being found also offers encouragement many others will be.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Jesus Christ man James

Grim yes but the truth if not the asbestos, it’s the silica dust from broken concrete, lead/ cadmium/ chromium in paints, old insulation (fibreglass), PCBs in coolants and industrial oils. Wouldn’t want to sift through a demolished building with no PPE or knowledge of what was within the building.

Good news James could be a great sketch show character.

"You've just been promoted? Congratulations, now think of all the psychological trauma you've inflicted on your kids by being an absent parent."

"Congratulations on the new house! You've just chosen to take on a lifetime of debt."

"You beat the big C, phew! But what abut all that poison you had injecting into your body?"

Edited by The Prophet

17 minutes ago, SAK said:

Grim yes but the truth if not the asbestos, it’s the silica dust from broken concrete, lead/ cadmium/ chromium in paints, old insulation (fibreglass), PCBs in coolants and industrial oils. Wouldn’t want to sift through a demolished building with no PPE or knowledge of what was within the building.

No one's disputing any of that like, was just a weird reaction to finding out someone had survived :lol:

He's alive!...for now

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If Atsu had any sense he’d have told the firemen to put him back where they found him.

:lol:

Cannot get my head around these weird They've Breathed In Terrible Stuff posts like. Everybody knows that it's not super healthy to breathe in collapsed buildings ffs, but on the balance of probabilities probably just about better to get them out if you can

Edited by OpenC

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If Atsu had any sense he’d have told the firemen to put him back where they found him.

To be fair, his decision making under pressure was never the best. 

being English we’re allowed a bit of dark humour now he’s ok yeah? 

seriously, glad he’s alive and hope many more are ok. Seems like a lack of good news across the world again and again. Genuinely making a difference having a club we can get joy from and escape all the bollocks going on for a few hours a week. Football really is a cracking escapism now ashley has gone. 

22 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Been reading that in Turkey new properties and buildings cant be taxed until they are completed so many are left in an unfinished state.

Dunno if its true like...

True in loads of places. Loads of hotels have rebar sticking out the top with a floor not finished. Well used to be in the 90s. 

Edited by Dokko

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Been reading that in Turkey new properties and buildings cant be taxed until they are completed so many are left in an unfinished state.

It’s def true in Bulgaria. If that helps in any way. 

2 hours ago, Lazarus said:

True (or at least in was) in Greece.  This is why you see many business with rebar sticking out of the tops of the walls.  They’re not bad builders - just bad at social contracts. 

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

True (or at least in was) in Greece.  This is why you see many business with rebar sticking out of the tops of the walls.  They’re not bad builders - just bad at social contracts. 

Same in Cyprus.