Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Sels

Yedlin -- Hanley -- Clark -- Lazaar

Ritchie -- Diame -- Hayden -- Atsu

Gayle -- Murphy

Not a bad team.

Not that that will be our standard tesam but if someone had posted that as our team the day Rafa agreed to stay there'd have been calls for the contract to be withdrawn.

Sels

Gayle -- Murphy

Not a bad team.

Not that that will be our standard tesam but if someone had posted that as our team the day Rafa agreed to stay there'd have been calls for the contract to be withdrawn.

Not on here. You must be thinking of some other forum.

Sels

Gayle -- Murphy

Not a bad team.

If you change the centre backs to our first choice pairing and stick mitro up front with gayle then its a good side.

Sels

Gayle -- Murphy

Not a bad team.

If you change the centre backs to our first choice pairing and stick mitro up front with gayle then its a good side.

Then it would be maybe a "good enough" side but the likes of Murphy, Atsu, Yedlin. If you'd mentioned them before we were linked you'd have been slaughtered. The WBA winger is just about the first player we've been linked with that the forum in general don't want andf that has nowt to do with his playing capabilities.

Murphy wasn't wanted, people weren't keen on Hanley as they thought he lacked skill, Clark has been poor in the past for club and country and there were even a fair few not sold on Gayle.

We haven't had a manager whose judgement on transfers was worth listening too since SBR (Hughton gets a partial pardon). It's because of Rafa entirely that people are willing to give the benefit of the doubt on these sort of signings.

Atsu has far, far too much talent to be in this division, but as others have mentioned his career has truly stalled over the last few seasons and he spent last year warming Bournemouth's bench. I think a loan to buy option would be prudent as the prospect of leaving the endless Chelsea loan wheel of death will be a real incentive. This is a good opportunity for him to relaunch his career, and he provides something truly lacking with Ayoze upfront and Townsend being Pardewed.

Murphy wasn't wanted, people weren't keen on Hanley as they thought he lacked skill, Clark has been poor in the past for club and country and there were even a fair few not sold on Gayle.

We haven't had a manager whose judgement on transfers was worth listening too since SBR (Hughton gets a partial pardon). It's because of Rafa entirely that people are willing to give the benefit of the doubt on these sort of signings.

There were some who spoke out. The vast majority went with the Rafa is God so all is good mantra. I hope he shoves it down my throat and these players come good but, nailing colours to the mast, I'd have kept Mbabu rather than bringing in one of Clark or Hanley, I'd rather give Toney first team time than Murphy.

I'll be up on Wedneswday night hoping theres the impressive signing, a player for now and hopefully next season.

If Sissoko goes how the fuck has Rafa made us better and made us shit loads of money ? What a bloke

Not a chance in hell we'll be better than the squad who dicked Spurs on the last day, like. We will be in 12 months time, hopefully.

If Sissoko goes how the f*** has Rafa made us better and made us s*** loads of money ? What a bloke

Not a chance in hell we'll be better than the squad who dicked Spurs on the last day, like. We will be in 12 months time, hopefully.

I typed a reply then paused. Didn't know it he was taking the mick.