Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Off to watch the Fed v Shildon tonight with the bairns.  They're excited but I'm under no illusions, they'll be bored before half time :lol:

Still, looking forward to it as I can bore them about how I used to 'help' my grandad there when I was a bairn (painting lines, sitting on the old tractor/grass cutter, putting the nets up etc).  

On 14/08/2021 at 22:34, Disco said:

Good turn out for Whitley that. How were Benfield? Had started the season well.

They were decent but Whitley deserved the win like. 

Getting the metty along to West Allotment vs Whitley on Friday night in the FA Cup. Then probably North Shields vs Guisborough for the 3pm FA Cup ties on Saturday. 

13 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

They were decent but Whitley deserved the win like. 

Getting the metty along to West Allotment vs Whitley on Friday night in the FA Cup. Then probably North Shields vs Guisborough for the 3pm FA Cup ties on Saturday. 

Is the WBay cup tie free? 

Was offered 3 tickets FREE for Southampton at home next week, nah I’m going to watch Blyth v Telford , not expecting a big crowd , probably back down to 700 but I’m gonna stick with it .

3 hours ago, GWN said:

Was offered 3 tickets FREE for Southampton at home next week, nah I’m going to watch Blyth v Telford , not expecting a big crowd , probably back down to 700 but I’m gonna stick with it .

Will be there too. Taking the fella I support - he wants to go back. :thup: Offered him the choice of watching us on the laptop, or Croft Park.

On 14/08/2021 at 17:11, Yorkie said:

York City claim three wins and a draw against Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Notts County in pre season - lost at home to Kidderminster on day 1 of the season. Class, love football. 

Twatted 4-0 at Gloucester this afternoon. Steve Watson under pressure now probably. 

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was a great first-half. Cedwyn Scott will score 20 plus easily.

Hope PT treated you well in Corporate ha ha 

Finished 2-0 to Blyth , deserved the win , calm finish by Robbie Dale put them one up .

Had a fantastic day again , only checked my phone at half time for Newcastle match .

This is me now 

4-1 to the Fed against Pontefract. 

Canny game... Score flattered a bit. Matty Pattison very quiet on his first game. 

Refreshing to enjoy a game and pick it apart without thinking 'what's the fuckin point?'. 

On 28/08/2021 at 18:06, Disco said:

Had ten men tbf to them. Shame as it would’ve been a good result.

What’s going on at York @Yorkie ?

Don't really know the details cos I've not been to any so far. One or two injuries to key players but they've got an expensive squad full of players from the divisions above so there's no excuse for this utterly terrible start to the season (lost after being in the lead at home to friggin Brackley Town yesterday ffs). 

The talent in the team is way above this shit so I think you've got to look at the manager, sadly. They've always looked fairly strong under Watson, despite not getting promotion; just never convincing and it looks like they're losing those finer margins now, where they were going in their favour most of the time before. 

The big stinker was losing to Altrincham in the play-offs in the 2019/20 season that got cancelled. If that had played out they'd have probably nicked the title ahead of King's Lynn. Watson looks like he's had it now.