Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

12 minutes ago, FCB said:

Gateshead unbeaten in league so far, in playoffs too

I was there today, excellent first half, not so excellent second. Ran out of steam but had a clear game plan and at times were playing like the Gary Mills team that reached Wembley a few years back. Greg Olley is absolutely fantastic at that level, totally runs the show but Langstaff was MotM after scoring two great goals.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I was there today, excellent first half, not so excellent second. Ran out of steam but had a clear game plan and at times were playing like the Gary Mills team that reached Wembley a few years back. Greg Olley is absolutely fantastic at that level, totally runs the show but Langstaff was MotM after scoring two great goals.

Nearly did the same as our last home game with 3 goals in the first 24 minutes. We should have won by a clear margin but a little more shooting training will clear that up. Really does seem like our reform is complete and we can go up. Very exciting future with a very good side.

Colleagues son plays for York, they've been ravaged by injuries. He's not got a kick yet but I'm keeping an eye out. Think they've had to play center mids at center back. From what I gather they have a strong first xi, but not much depth. 

2 hours ago, La Parka said:

Colleagues son plays for York, they've been ravaged by injuries. He's not got a kick yet but I'm keeping an eye out. Think they've had to play center mids at center back. From what I gather they have a strong first xi, but not much depth. 

Covid too apparently, same with Darlo.

Blyth 0-0 v high flying Brackley who were second best to a well drilled and positive Blyth side , 3 great chances should have seen Blyth get a deserved victory.

Upgraded into the seats and took a mate along , thoroughly enjoyed the day and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a football fix.

Darlington next week and I fancy strongly a Blyth win 👍

0-0 but a great day 

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Just over 1000 there, GWN. :thup:

Sadly, North Shields lost 1-0 at Squires Gate, in the FA Cup.

yes I think 1004 , good turn out , they are playing some good football. 

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Hebburn knocked out a club a league above & Gateshead 3-3 after being 3-1 down after 75.

Heed were poor up front, should have easily won but didn't take the chances we were given - Southport keeper very good.

FA Cup draws - 18th September

Darlo vs Chester
York vs Hebburn
Gateshead vs Bradford (PA)
Marske United vs South Shields

Blyth Spartans vs Bootle/FC United

Edited by FCB