Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

First away day with Blyth .

We we’re shite , too passive and lightweight against a big Guiseley side.

was probably around 200 from Blyth , usual mix of folk with the odd dickhesd singing peado at their keeper all game .

pissed down , shite game 

19 minutes ago, GWN said:

First away day with Blyth .

We we’re shite , too passive and lightweight against a big Guiseley side.

was probably around 200 from Blyth , usual mix of folk with the odd dickhesd singing peado at their keeper all game .

pissed down , shite game 

Work to do for Nelson, I think. Maguire's return to the club hasn't got into gear as yet. From what I've seen of Blyth, they could do with a big centre-forward - one not frightened to hold the ball up and get stuck in.

5 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Work to do for Nelson, I think. Maguire's return to the club hasn't got into gear as yet. From what I've seen of Blyth, they could do with a big centre-forward - one not frightened to hold the ball up and get stuck in.

Totally agree , he’s way too small and doesn’t make the runs he should .JJ was shite today and Rob Dale didn’t influence anything . 
Connor came on but didn’t play to his pace , disappointed.

39 minutes ago, Disco said:

Marske aren't through yet, got a replay against Chester this week. Be canny if they could knock them out though, would be a much easier game for Heed.

Aahh, aye you't think so although Marske somehow pumped Shields rotten. 

30 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

It seems like ages since we last had a Northern League side make it through to the First Round Proper, and give it a real good go. :(  Memories in the past of Blyth (of course), Whitley Bay and Bedlington Terriers.

Too big a jump now?

just, I had high hope for Blyth this year , not to be . 

Tough game on Saturday home to Chorley , I will be there .

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

It seems like ages since we last had a Northern League side make it through to the First Round Proper, and give it a real good go. :(  Memories in the past of Blyth (of course), Whitley Bay and Bedlington Terriers.

Too big a jump now?

The Northern League was always a bit of an island though - managing to keep it's talent because of geography and isolation. Will only imagine the quality will go down further as more teams are moving up through the divisions and providing more options for players at a higher level. I think that'll be good for NE non league football in general mind. 

I'm reading The Farther Corner by Harry Pearson at the moment. It's brilliant like. Absolutely hilarious, really informative, but poignant too. 

Would highly recommend both it and the original from the 90s (The Far Corner) to anybody with an interest in non-league and the North East in general. 

On 02/10/2021 at 20:01, GWN said:

Totally agree , he’s way too small and doesn’t make the runs he should .JJ was shite today and Rob Dale didn’t influence anything . 
Connor came on but didn’t play to his pace , disappointed.

JJ is very hit and miss, on his day he's a very fucking amazing baller.

On 04/10/2021 at 17:08, Disco said:

Marske aren't through yet, got a replay against Chester this week. Be canny if they could knock them out though, would be a much easier game for Heed.

Wouldn't undermine Marske tbh, very good side, could give us a good competitive game

14 minutes ago, GWN said:

Blyth v Chorley in the league tomorrow lads if you fancy a match .

£12 standing 

£14 posh seats 

give them some support , I will be there , Howay Spartans 

Am at work, so will either be at CP or will be at North Shields. :thup:

Went up to Grounsell this afternoon, 7-0 to the Stan albeit Bedlington pretty much gave up at 4. Probably be about 4-500 there n all. Great to see albeit the Q for the bar horrific.