Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

55 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Need a big target man to play off. On their FB group last night, I suggested Dan Wilson who plays for North Shields - big lad who puts himself about and has gotten goals this season. Supposedly Blyth have been in touch with Shields, but nothing doing.

Or maybe they'd be doing better if the manager didn't call their best players 'goat/gateshead rejects' :lol:

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Oh aye? 

Aye, was all kicking off on twitter the other day, a few claiming it was aimed at JJ and a few other ex-heed. Mental. Nelson basically said it wasn't his fault they were too shit to go play league football and they should stop trying to act too big for their boots.

3 hours ago, FCB said:

Aye, was all kicking off on twitter the other day, a few claiming it was aimed at JJ and a few other ex-heed. Mental. Nelson basically said it wasn't his fault they were too shit to go play league football and they should stop trying to act too big for their boots.

oh dear. If that’s going on, no wonder results have turned to shite. 

13 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Blyth got thumped 4-0 at York, yesterday. Nelson surely on borrowed time.

The set up is the same , he’s not changing it , the number 9 is clueless 

On 09/11/2021 at 15:35, FCB said:

Gateshead play Charlton at home in FA Cup IF they win reply vs Altrincham on 16th. Surely a TV game, what an incentive to go all out.

Now confirmed as a TV game. Winner of replay plays Charlton Friday 3rd December 7:45pm KO - game on ITV4.

Edited by FCB

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Beaten on pens, they were playing in the Trophy.

Shame, my boys’ team-mate’s grandad went there today, no doubt I’ll hear all about it tomorrow at the boys’ match. That’s if he’s recovered…

Steve Watson sacked by York. Shame, wish it had worked out, and I think it perhaps would've done had the first of the two curtailed seasons not been so, but clearly the trajectory has been going downwards. Absolutely no way in hell this team should be mid-table in the 6th tier. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Steve Watson sacked by York. Shame, wish it had worked out, and I think it perhaps would've done had the first of the two curtailed seasons not been so, but clearly the trajectory has been going downwards. Absolutely no way in hell this team should be mid-table in the 6th tier. 

Wasn't clicking for a while, was bound to eventually happen. Was a ticking timebomb.