Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

22 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

I'm amazed the Nelson hasn't walked or been sacked by now. Clearly all is not well there. :(

They started off playing some good intricate stuff , movement , wide players but have gone to shit. They have no real big men upfront so need to play there way around teams and they have stopped doing it.

Too powder puff and confidence shot to bits , Nelson needs to halt the slide or they will go down . Sad considering the start made .

22 minutes ago, GWN said:

They started off playing some good intricate stuff , movement , wide players but have gone to shit. They have no real big men upfront so need to play there way around teams and they have stopped doing it.

Too powder puff and confidence shot to bits , Nelson needs to halt the slide or they will go down . Sad considering the start made .

Yup - there was optimism over the start that was made, but that's all gone now. Covid has saved them from the drop, last two seasons - I can't see their luck holding out this time. Questions have to be asked of the owner/committee - they have been a disaster since them binned off Alun Armstrong. :(

I asked on the Blyth FB page - big striker doing well at North Shields (Dan Wilson) Apparently contact was made, but nothing doing.

11 hours ago, Disco said:

Last minute winner sweet as you like given how Gateshead pissed the first game away at the end.

Always do - was even better this time given how their striker shushed us when he made it 2-2.

On 24/11/2021 at 18:20, FCB said:

Manager side, mint. Player side, not so much. You can notice the decline.

He was never a good footballer at any level IMO, but Gateshead play some lovey stuff and it’s starting to show at other levels too, from their women’s team to even their under 9s who are in the same league as my boy’s team, I’ve watched a few of their matches at kids’ level and there seems to be a playing philosophy right throughout. I’m delighted for the entire club how things are going, a proper family club and with some great people there On and off the pitch. I need to get to more games!

8 hours ago, HTT II said:

He was never a good footballer at any level IMO, but Gateshead play some lovey stuff and it’s starting to show at other levels too, from their women’s team to even their under 9s who are in the same league as my boy’s team, I’ve watched a few of their matches at kids’ level and there seems to be a playing philosophy right throughout. I’m delighted for the entire club how things are going, a proper family club and with some great people there On and off the pitch. I need to get to more games!

League games are the best, proper fans nonstop chanting behind the team. Gonna be crazy on Friday too.

Guest neesy111
8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

York tickets a fiver this weekend if anyone fancies being totally ripped-off.

They still shite?