Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

5 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

They still shite?

Total basket case really. Three defeats in five to the might of Boston, Leamington and Kettering in the league, and dumped out the cup to 7th tier Buxton. Management team binned, supposed inherent gambling issues in the squad, injuries everywhere and far from settled at the new stadium. Still get decent crowds like and should be an alright atmosphere at the weekend assuming the reduced price gets a few more in. Dunno what sort of following Chorley will bring but most teams seem to bring a few.

I'll pick you up a ticket Neesy if you fancy it. As long as you can handle me wobbling around on a crutch. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Total basket case really. Three defeats in five to the might of Boston, Leamington and Kettering in the league, and dumped out the cup to 7th tier Buxton. Management team binned, supposed inherent gambling issues in the squad, injuries everywhere and far from settled at the new stadium. Still get decent crowds like and should be an alright atmosphere at the weekend assuming the reduced price gets a few more in. Dunno what sort of following Chorley will bring but most teams seem to bring a few.

I'll pick you up a ticket Neesy if you fancy it. As long as you can handle me wobbling around on a crutch. 

Has the lad from our youths been any good? Heaney I think they call him.

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Actually forgot that we all want to watch Newcastle now. :lol: Never mind. 

I'm away this weekend thankfully from both scenarios.

17 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Has the lad from our youths been any good? Heaney I think they call him.

He's a useful enough player from what I've seen. 

They've got loads of good players tbh. Place is just a shitshow and it's reflected on the pitch. 

On 02/12/2021 at 16:59, Yorkie said:

York tickets a fiver this weekend if anyone fancies being totally ripped-off.

Just realised this is actually next Saturday rather than today if anyone did fancy a day trip down this way. 

Gateshead played some great stuff from what I saw and created 4-5 clear cut chances and should have scored from several of them, Williamson though was a wreck at the back. They gave a great account of themselves though and should be looking at winning promotion this season.

I know neeone cares so forgive the updates ( :lol:) but 4512 at York yesterday thanks to the £5 ticket offer, 156 of which were Chorley fans. It was great seeing the place two thirds full with areas of the stands fairly well populated. Good noise too.

It's a weird fucking team/club, though. Obviously they're two divisions below where they should be but it's such a basket case. There was a half-hearted tennis ball protest after about half an hour which stopped play, which was a decent laugh. Not certain the ins and outs of the gripes with the ownership but I suppose their position speaks for itself. 

Anyway, 1-1 against a side doing well this season, good battling point after the most senseless sending off just after York took the lead. Chorley lad was boxed-in in his own half near the corner flag with two attackers pressing him. Suddenly our CB charges 40 yards up the pitch and initiates a sliding tackle from about 15 yards along the wet surface, whipping through and taking the lad out two-footed. Most unnecessary foul I've ever seen and off he went. Chorley inevitably equalised after that but it was a good battle thereafter and a draw was fair. 

Went to Gateshead’s first game of the season and the football was brilliant. Checked their odds for the title and they were something like 25/1 15th favourites. Didn’t put it on because I had no frame of reference for what other teams were like at that level. Should have went with my instinct because the results have been great ever since.

On 18/12/2021 at 22:26, Optimistic Nut said:

Went to Gateshead’s first game of the season and the football was brilliant. Checked their odds for the title and they were something like 25/1 15th favourites. Didn’t put it on because I had no frame of reference for what other teams were like at that level. Should have went with my instinct because the results have been great ever since.

All depends if Macaulay Langstaff moves away or not, few rumours linking him to leagues above. Would be a shame too - he didn't play Saturday but trained so not looking good for us

52 minutes ago, FCB said:

Macaulay Langstaff

No disrespect to the lad but he'd be daft to move in January. Get a full season under your belt and play regularly. Too often a player in form swaps it for a league above and loses everything that helped elevate their game. 

Anyway, I'm off to North Shields vs Whitley Bay Monday before our game. 

On 23/12/2021 at 00:16, Thiago said:

No disrespect to the lad but he'd be daft to move in January. Get a full season under your belt and play regularly. Too often a player in form swaps it for a league above and loses everything that helped elevate their game. 

Anyway, I'm off to North Shields vs Whitley Bay Monday before our game. 

Exactly what all the heed lads I know are saying - I just hope the rumours don't distract him or offput him, he's crucial to us going up.

Back at Blyth , half time v Spennymoor  1-0

Deserved lead , Blyth playing some great stuff, however Spennymoor just coming back into it, they have had 2 in the book mind .

Good first half , decent crowd around 950 I'd guess , around 200 from the visitors 

Reminder if you at a loose end now on Sunday with the Southampton game off , get along to the massive local derby at Croft Park , just booked my seat and not many left , let’s have a good crowd and support the local teams .

Blyth v Gateshead in the league kick off at Blyth 3pm .

should be a cracker , Gateshead start big favourites.