Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t fully get what happened here, but you can’t have clubs not playing their games, can you?

Loads couldn’t afford it as their next round of central funding support never came. Also meant invalidating furlough for players which would have cost them too and then the league got cancelled a couple of weeks after anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I see Hebburn have been promoted too, has the non-league structure changed or have there been clubs further up the ladder went out of business and they’ve taken their place?

Restructure, posted a convoluted NL article up the page.

Also - http://www.northernfootballleague.org/news/fa-confirm-clubs-able-to-apply-for-promotion/

On 29/04/2021 at 06:41, Optimistic Nut said:

I actually like the look of their new stadium.

It's a strange place from what I've seen from the outside. Visited York last Nov and went with the wife to the out of town shopping centre next door. Forgot the name. Bus literally stopped outside new stadium and you wouldn't know it was there. Could only see the bowling alley attached to it. I'msure it looks very nice inside.

On 29/04/2021 at 05:56, Optimistic Nut said:

I see Hebburn have been promoted too, has the non-league structure changed or have there been clubs further up the ladder went out of business and they’ve taken their place?

What division are Hebburn going into now then?

The Robbie Dale mural outside Croft Park is complete. I have to admit, had my doubts about how it would turn out, but the artist has done a cracking job. 

185421981_10165242922885302_191306793385