Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

23 hours ago, Disco said:

Blyth beat Hartlepool. 

York go unbeaten against us, Sunlun and Boro. Ridiculous.

And a decent goal to boot....

Hopefully all the NE sides have a decent season- the region is finally establishing itself in the pyramid after years of navel-gazing and localism. Great to see 4 local sides in the NPL East this year!

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bromley have beaten Arsenal and Palace U23s in the last week, think it’s fairly normal. 

Well it is for NUFC we’ve lost a few times to Gateshead over the years.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd be surprised if we (Newcastle) had a single first teamer in the squad

But still, to lose 4-1 shows the standard of our ‘team’ outside of the first-team, we are so shite at every level it’s embarrassing. Loving the look, style and progress of Gateshead though under Williamson, hopefully a great season for them beckons.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd be surprised if we (Newcastle) had a single first teamer in the squad

Gateshead actually had plenty of former NUFC academy players in their ranks, I imagine a number of the current mob representing NUFC will be beating future NUFC XIs for the likes of Gateshead in a few years…

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

But still, to lose 4-1 shows the standard of our ‘team’ outside of the first-team, we are so shite at every level it’s embarrassing. Loving the look, style and progress of Gateshead though under Williamson, hopefully a great season for them beckons.

Again, I think we're overestimating the quality of youth football teams here.

• 2 weeks later...

York City claim three wins and a draw against Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Notts County in pre season - lost at home to Kidderminster on day 1 of the season. Class, love football. 

2 hours ago, GWN said:

2-0 win  1260 in attendance,  nice day good craic £3 for a proper pint in the club in the ground .Excellent game , Blyth number 10 stood out . 

Really enjoyed this .

Decent crowd that for Blyth. Had a really good preseason too especially since they’d have gone down without the pandemic. Need to get up to Croft Park this season.

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

Decent crowd that for Blyth. Had a really good preseason too especially since they’d have gone down without the pandemic. Need to get up to Croft Park this season.

Aye was expecting around 800, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm deffo going back 

Went to blyth too - took the lads i support at work. Thoroughly enjoyed the match and result. Their no.9 was a proper handful first half - he resorted to fouling and acting like a fanny in the 2nd half - enjoyed winding him up.

Will be back.🙂

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Lots of turned-off NUFC fans maybe taking-in some more of the local games? Be good to see. You'd think there's an opportunity there for the likes of Blyth if they marketed it. 

Definitely part of it. Also because NUFC are not playing until tomorrow. 

Decent crowd of 502 at Whitley today as well for a 2-1 win. Been to 3 of the 4 home games and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. 

Edited by ponsaelius

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Definitely part of it. Also because NUFC are not playing until tomorrow. 

Decent crowd of 502 at Whitley today as well for a 2-1 win. Been to 3 of the 4 home games and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. 

Good turn out for Whitley that. How were Benfield? Had started the season well.