Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

On 19/09/2021 at 09:19, Danh1 said:

My mates brother plays for Greenock, signed for them the other week.

Was frustrating to watch as Greenock just hoofed the ball and it doesn’t suit his game at all. They lost 0-1. 

Cheers. Your post caught my attention cos i've got a soft spot for neighbours St Mirren. Used to do a few games a season pre-covid.

On 21/09/2021 at 21:42, Big Geordie said:

Excellent 2-0 win for Blyth tonight, at FC United in the FA Cup qualifier replay.

Connor Thomspon with both goals. :)

2 fantastic finishes , great win and I’m going to my first away game in the next round 👍🟢🟢

Tell you what lads , ive never been happier supporting such an honest bunch as Blyth , if you are hating NUFC please go and support your local team and stick with it , you will get a bit of passion back , I promise. 

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Tell you what lads , ive never been happier supporting such an honest bunch as Blyth , if you are hating NUFC please go and support your local team and stick with it , you will get a bit of passion back , I promise. 

Aye I've got a bit of fire in my belly about York, like, definitely. Want to go all the time now. Pity the tickets are £20 a go. Way too steep at that level. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Aye I've got a bit of fire in my belly about York, like, definitely. Want to go all the time now. Pity the tickets are £20 a go. Way too steep at that level. 

yep I feel the same way mate , If you can afford it then I don’t mind too much , I upgrade to a seat at Blyth so they extra money, I buy pints from the club , I want to give them more .

That is steep mind but I’m glad you have stuck with it, I genuinely now look forward to ticket details etc, I’m buying my first shirt soon 

Went to Blyth Town vs West Allotment Celtic today in the Vase. 

West Allotment won 8-1 and spent the last 25 minutes showboating. Winger for them did a full, completely successful rainbow flick over a Blyth midfielder before carrying on with the ball. Genuinely not sure I've ever seen anything like it. 

Absolutely bizarre 90 minutes. 

Edited by ponsaelius

3 - 2 the mighty Fed against worksop today. 

They had a canny following... Was good to shut them up towards the end :lol:

It's strange, always had an attachment to the fed, but today I felt a bit of emotion that I haven't felt since the toon result used to make or break my weekend. Genuine stress in the closing minutes/each opposition attack etc. 

Canny. 

55 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Fantastic. They're having a brilliant season. 

Making a bit of a habit of getting complacent when going ahead, should have seen out yesterday comfortably. 

Whitby & Matlock started very well too, going to be an interesting season. You'd think being full time will give Shields the edge over the course of it. 

19 hours ago, Wilson said:

3 - 2 the mighty Fed against worksop today. 

They had a canny following... Was good to shut them up towards the end :lol:

It's strange, always had an attachment to the fed, but today I felt a bit of emotion that I haven't felt since the toon result used to make or break my weekend. Genuine stress in the closing minutes/each opposition attack etc. 

Canny. 

Was there myself. Went with a mate who's moved down to Worksop and now has a season ticket. Came up with his 2 mates. My 1st Dunston game this season as i've been going to Blue Star a bit because they're on my doorstep relatively speaking. Cracking game, particularly 2nd half. Do like Dunston. Been doing a few games a season until Blue Star came back on the scene. Quite torn between the 2 on the non league front TBH. Blue Star are closer to home and ambitious but i feel like i've built up a connection to Dunston.