Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The joy of the Euros has curtailed a lot of my interest in top flight club football.

Going to try following Whitley Bay this season. Never had a local non-league team before (Prudhoe Town doesn't count). 

48 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The joy of the Euros has curtailed a lot of my interest in top flight club football.

Going to try following Whitley Bay this season. Never had a local non-league team before (Prudhoe Town doesn't count). 

Hebburn vs Carlisle tomorrow for me!

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

‘Heed vs Ashington on YouTube soon, my mate Yannick is playing for Ashington.

I hope he managed to get himself subbed as early as possible.

Guest HTT II

Aye they are getting hammered, Gateshead looking good pre-season, hopefully a strong league campaign for them coming up!

Guest HTT II
On 24/07/2021 at 16:55, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure how strong the Hartlepool team was but they’ve just stuffed them 4-1. Cedwyn Scott with two more.

Aye they are looking good and strong, fingers crossed they get promotion this year. That’s 5 in 5 wins I think now. 

Edited by HTT II

On 24/07/2021 at 16:57, HTT II said:

Aye they are looking good and string, fingers crossed they get promotion this year. That’s 5 in 5 wins I think now. 

Aye, this was our biggest challenge so far with the league difference, nufc u23 and South Shields left then onto league games. Looking very promising.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Blyth beat Hartlepool. 

York go unbeaten against us, Sunlun and Boro. Ridiculous.

Was at the York/Boro game tonight, they were fucking excellent tbh. Played Boro off the park in stretches, moved it to and from either side of the pitch so effectively and were well worth the win. Clayton Donaldson and a lad called Mark Beck they've picked up from League 2 Harrogate starting up front, both 6'5 and with real pedigree, plus a few players from across the Football League and Conference. Should be spanking most teams in the division this year, will be really disappointed if they don't crack promotion. 

Michael Duckworth (Hartlepool), Paddy McLaughlin (us, Heed, Hartlepool), Scott Barrow (Heed), Jason Gilchrist (South Shields) - some potentially familiar names to some here.