Music: The "What Are You Listening To?" Thread

28 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Yeah I've been listening to his last album today after hearing that tune and really into it. Actually was prompted to listen by reading an interview in the guardian someone shared yesterday, where he comes across pretty cool politically and that, and now hear that comes through in songs too.

Was thinking he definitely likes a bit of Springsteen - now just read he was dead into his as a kid.

He loves Springsteen and wears that on his sleeve when you listen to his tunes. War On Drugs is another big influence on the 1st album.

I think he gets viewed as a pop artist because he gets in the charts and on the Radio 1 playlist, but underneath the catchy melodies his songs are often edgy and very political.

He’s a really nice lad who speaks out on important issues, we should be proud that he’s from the North East. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

He loves Springsteen and wears that on his sleeve when you listen to his tunes. War On Drugs is another big influence on the 1st album.

I think he gets viewed as a pop artist because he gets in the charts and on the Radio 1 playlist, but underneath the catchy melodies his songs are often edgy and very political.

He’s a really nice lad who speaks out on important issues, we should be proud that he’s from the North East. 

Aye definitely, that's what happened with me. Not that I'm a massive snob and think there's anything wrong with charting well or being on Radio 1 (maybe a bit unconsciously...), but hearing there's a solo lad charting and being played on Radio 1 instead of 6 these days I assume it's some pop that's not my cup of tea, though'd wished him well being a geordie. (Unlike 15 years or so ago where you'd get indie bands charting singles more).

On 27/08/2021 at 08:32, Facundo Ferreyra said:

You heard the new MØL tracks @Barnes23?

I hadn't, cheers for the heads up :) Both tracks sounding great, especially liked Photophobic, the contrast with the clean vocals works really well. 

Ten years ago I was off my head seeing Swedish House Mafia at Creamfields. Tonight I'm off down the local for a couple of quiet ones. 

Fuck I'm feeling old.

5 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I think if you asked me for a soundtrack to my life/Song that defined my years/what song means the most to what I am, this is it.

First heard it at an indie night in 2003, it stopped me in my tracks and I had to find out what it was. 

Bought the album next day and played it constantly. 

It was the soundtrack to an amazing couple of years in my life.  

Edited by bobbydazzla

22 hours ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

This seems appropriate today.

Such a perfect autumn album. I think I spent pretty much a whole year listening purely to this album and "The Mantle" by Agalloch on rotation during long bus journeys to and from college back in 2010 or so :aww:

Also remember being really into this song around the same time, bit of an underrated classic imo: