Newcastle United 4 - 3 Norwich City - 28/09/16 - Post-match bed-wetting from p39

Dave

Incredible end to the game, the stadium was absolutely rocking and the fans were behind the team for the most part from 3-1 down to get something from the game.

Colback and Diame booed off and I couldn't help but think it was deserved, though probably not the greatest thing in the world to be doing for confidence.

The ironic thing is Norwich's pathetic attempts at time wasting and winding our players up ultimately added on the minutes in which they lost the game, don't you just love it when that happens? :lol:

Still feel there's still something not quite there in regards to the team though, we won't score two last minute winners every time to bail us out, and cant help but feel we need to correct the issues we have, and dare I say Rafa needs to rethink some of our negative play and formations, from the minute when went 1-0 up we sat back and stopped attacking completely until we went 2-1 down.

Didn't change anything until we were 3-1 down either, yes we got away with it but its the exact sort of thing McClaren and Pardew used to do, that sort of mentality will see us lose more games I think.

Indeed.

Incredible end to the game, the stadium was absolutely rocking and the fans were behind the team for the most part from 3-1 down to get something from the game.

Colback and Diame booed off and I couldn't help but think it was deserved, though probably not the greatest thing in the world to be doing for confidence.

The ironic thing is Norwich's pathetic attempts at time wasting and winding our players up ultimately added on the minutes in which they lost the game, don't you just love it when that happens? :lol:

Still feel there's still something not quite there in regards to the team though, we won't score two last minute winners every time to bail us out, and cant help but feel we need to correct the issues we have, and dare I say Rafa needs to rethink some of our negative play and formations, from the minute when went 1-0 up we sat back and stopped attacking completely until we went 2-1 down.

Didn't change anything until we were 3-1 down either, yes we got away with it but its the exact sort of thing McClaren and Pardew used to do, that sort of mentality will see us lose more games I think.

A great result on the back of an abysmal performance.

you must be an inspiration to all your students.

Anybody at the game, or seen a good replay of the penalty incident, the one I have seen, Gouff seems to get the ball?

I was at the game but the opposite end. It looked a penalty when I saw it, less so in replays and a close up view would be ideal to clarify or not.

OK I've watched the highlights about 50 times now :)

Ritchie does brilliantly for the the first goal.

Dummet's skill and cross for the Ritchie header against the bar was something else.

The more and more I look at the penalty, the less it looks like one to me. Gouf makes a mistake initially in misjudgung the flight, but the Norwich player only had one thing in his mind to do, there is no desire to play a ball in or hit a shot, he feels back for Gouf, then falls forward as Gouf tries to hook the ball out.

Jerome's finish is pretty damn good for their 2nd, it's a ridiculous angle to score from wouldn't be surprised if it was intended as a cross.

There is no way they are scoring that 3rd goal without that huge deflection, in the commentary Lowes made it sound like it was a slight nick.

The ball Shelvey played to Gayle for the 2nd was sensational, the control and finish from him too was pretty bloody great.

Yedlin puts in a really nice cross for the third.

Not sure what that Norwich defender is doing for the winner, he kind of gives it back to Gayle.

One thing typfies the chances Gayle has is he takes the shots really fast, sometimes with little back lift, that's a good trait to have for a striker, he'll get goals if we feed him.

You're joking right?

Can't believe that. :lol:

Also the idea that it wasn't a penalty. Gouff fucking hammers the guy in the back of the legs, getting nowhere near the ball. Doesn't matter if the Norwich player baits Gouffran into making the challenge, it's still a fucking penalty. :lol:

He is quality, actually :thup:

A truly incredible match which will be remembered for a very long time by those who were there.

Can't agree with anyone saying it was a bad performance or the late goals papered over cracks, yes it was a strange game and there is something not quite happening at times which is difficult to put your finger on, but overall we dominated, created a load of chances and looked in good shape as we have in most games so far. We fully deserved to win over 90 odd minutes but very nearly didn't.

This league looks stronger than it was last time we were down from what I've seen. As the PL has grown stronger and richer something has filtered down, there are better players and teams look better organised than last time. The way that promoted teams have coped with the PL over the last 5 years or so probably bears this out.

We are the best team in this league.

Anybody at the game, or seen a good replay of the penalty incident, the one I have seen, Gouff seems to get the ball?

Referee was waiting to give it once Gouff got into that position, almost like he'd decided before the contact happened.

Bit like some of our bookings naivety made the decision easy for the referee to make.

Just reading back through this thread, and the amount of people posting 'GOUFF!!!' for the third goal when others were already posting about the 4th, they must have been trying to press 'post' when 'warning, there are other replies to this thread' came up, must have been frustrating  :D :D :D

Just reading back through this thread, and the amount of people posting 'GOUFF!!!' for the third goal when others were already posting about the 4th, they must have been trying to press 'post' when 'warning, there are other replies to this thread' came up, must have been frustrating  :D :D :D

People still have that infuriating option turned on? :laugh:

theres a green light can I go-  well it was a red light earlier so dont get too happy.

Btw, where did the 6 extra minutes come from?

Even at 1-1 Norwich were time wasting. It took ages for goal kicks to be taken, one throw in took nearly 2 minutes, a couple of substitutes which took a while, players going to ground. In all honesty the referee could have added more on, anything up towards 10 minutes wouldn't have been unjustifiable.

Couldn't have been more blatant if he tried. Absolutely woeful effort at getting ball. Once he had a nibble at him it was inevitable he was going to do it too.

Probably a massive Giggs but what a little shit Olsson is. Always hated him since his Blackburn days but fuck me. What a prick.

Daft twat should have been sent off for running away from his booking in a desperate attempt to time waste. Would love to have seen a close up of his dial as Gayle slipped the winner in.