Newcastle United vs Brentford - 15/10/16 @ 15:00 (No TV)

I think as an Englishman the international break is worse than for people from other nations. I remember a time when I would look forward to the England games, even friendlies. Now there is such a detachment from the national side that really football as a whole does not exist for a 10 days or so. I haven't watched a full England game in years, outside of major tournaments I have barely cared about the results.

I think as an Englishman the international break is worse than for people from other nations. I remember a time when I would look forward to the England games, even friendlies. Now there is such a detachment from the national side that really football as a whole does not exist for a 10 days or so. I haven't watched a full England game in years, outside of major tournaments I have barely cared about the results.

Agreed, and the fact that we play teams such as Malta, San Marink and Andorra doesn't help either.

Guest neesy111

I remember last season people were calling for Ayoze and Mitrovic to be played upfront.

Both played s***.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34498802

One of our best performances of the season

For most of the time it didn't click.

That game could had easily been 6-5, remember Norwich being the better team for most of the first 55 minutes.

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummet

Ritchie Shelvey Hayden Atsu

Mitrovic Gayle

Has to be!

Doubt it will be but this would be my preferred team.

Darlow

Anita  Lascelles Clark Dummet

Ritchie Shelvey  Colback  Gouffran

Diame

Gayle

This is more likely. Although there is usually a surprise or two. I am hoping that is as we are at home Yedlin will come in at RB and Atsu in for Ritchie again.

And even though Gouffran hasn't been as horrific as he was, with results improving, he shouldn't be immune from rotation.

At home we should be going Ritchie and Atsu on the wings, with two strikers.

Aye, but Rafa seems not to.

And even though Gouffran hasn't been as horrific as he was, with results improving, he shouldn't be immune from rotation.

You're probably right, like. Rafa comes with rotation and 4-2-3-1, we have to accept the whole package really. Just a shame our only #10 options are Diame and Perez.

doesn't even need to be "2 up front" as such. he's played, to me at least, more of a 4-4-1-1 of late with Diame in behind Gayle. I'm all for this tactic/formation but not the personnel.

You're probably right, like. Rafa comes with rotation and 4-2-3-1, we have to accept the whole package really. Just a shame our only #10 options are Diame and Perez.

Aye we do, it can frustrating at times mind.

doesn't even need to be "2 up front" as such. he's played, to me at least, more of a 4-4-1-1 of late with Diame in behind Gayle. I'm all for this tactic/formation but not the personnel.

Pretty much sums up my feelings, don't mind a withdrawn striker if it's a good creative one.

Pretty much sums up my feelings, don't mind a withdrawn striker if it's a good creative one.

It's not even that I prefer one formation over any other, just I think that way gets the best out of what we have at present.

It's not even that I prefer one formation over any other, just I think that way gets the best out of what we have at present.

I think two wingers in Atsu and Ritchie with Mitro and Gayle or Perez up top is how would go, basically 4-4-2 wingers. Funnily enough Mitro and Perez were together when we beat Q.P.R. Not saying that's why we won 6-0 as Q.P.R. were as bad as we were good, but we haven't see those two together since. Which seems a little odd imo.

Mind you it's nice to have options, something i'm still getting my head around after so many years of Shola as our only option.

Brentford are 7th, only 4 points behind us. Caulkin's done an article on their director who is a geordie. Seems like a very ambitious bloke, it might be one of those games that turn out to be harder than you first think.

Brentford are 7th, only 4 points behind us. Caulkin's done an article on their director who is a geordie. Seems like a very ambitious bloke, it might be one of those games that turn out to be harder than you first think.

Hopefully with an outcome similar to Reading, rather than Huddersfield or Wolves.

And neither look or play like #10

Could Mitro play the #10?

Serious question.hes slow enough not to keep up with Gayle, actually has a decent touch, can hold it up, slide a pass, tackle?? Dunno, sounds odd but would he be disciplined enough to do it? Hes no more immobile than Diame so why not?

Odd suggestion i know but...?