Red Dead Redemption 2

Mole_Toonfan

Hats off to my sister who worked on those player models  :lol:

Weird watching that knowing some of that was her own work and will be even stranger when I complete the game and see her name in the end credits.

She offered me loads of Rockstar stuff a few months ago,told her to just concentrate on sending me the game pronto  ;)

Red Dead's a bit like Bioshock for me. Played it, enjoyed it, 8/10, can't quite understand why it's so hyped and highly thought of.

:thup: much like bioshock I think it's your level of immersion in the world that makes or breaks it. I've never been much into westerns (or open world games),  so while Red Dead's a strong example of both of those things done well, I can't quite see it as the masterpiece that others do. 

Guest firetotheworks

Red Dead had the best story that I'd seen in any game up until The Last of Us, combined with an unbelievable sense of immersion, amazing visuals and unique moments (riding into Mexico especially) and a really brilliant soundtrack. It's harder than it was at the time to put your finger on what made it so special, but even without all of that, the gameplay was fantastic as well. I still go back to it now and again and it's only a few games that I do that with.

Red Dead had the best story that I'd seen in any game up until The Last of Us, combined with an unbelievable sense of immersion, amazing visuals and unique moments (riding into Mexico especially) and a really brilliant soundtrack. It's harder than it was at the time to put your finger on what made it so special, but even without all of that, the gameplay was fantastic as well. I still go back to it now and again and it's only a few games that I do that with.

:clap:

The final sequence as John.  I honestly thought I was getting out of that alive.  Foolishly thought I could take them all out and thought it would re-load and I'd have to try again.

Didn't really hit me that I had died, for a long while.  Can't say I have ever bought into a storyline so much.  Only other time I have played a game and felt so down, was the 'Mad World' scene in the middle of Gears of War 3. 

Have you played The Last of Us?

No.  Sadly not, as it looks incredible and have heard great things.  I'm on Xbox 360/One, so missed out on a lot of PS exclusives.

I just picked it up again and I'm on my 8 or 9th playthrough. It's the greatest.

Red Dead is amazing though. Remember the soundtrack fading in as you're going to Mexico? I want a remaster.

Red Dead is amazing for a number of reasons.

The story, the characters, the ridiculously good atmosphere, the gunplay (shooting people was unbelievably satisfying, more so than GTA imo)  and of course the world itself was fucking amazing.

It's one of the greatest games I have ever played personally but like with every other game not everybody is going to like it obviously.

Guest firetotheworks

Red Dead is amazing for a number of reasons.

The story, the characters, the ridiculously good atmosphere, the gunplay (shooting people was unbelievably satisfying, more so than GTA imo)  and of course the world itself was fucking amazing.

It's one of the greatest games I have ever played personally but like with every other game not everybody is going to like it obviously.

It's better than any GTA game imo, if we're going down that road.

I liked Vice City better, but it's hard to say how much of that is down to having the game spoiiled. That ending would have been amazing going in fresh. I found the gameplay more repetitive too, and basically just rushed the campaign missing a lot of side-quests which I usually try not to do in open worlds.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, it's not a game that you want to have spoiled for you like. I think the moment where I realised how ridiculously good it was, was when you do that mission on the train with that rotary gun. :sweetjesus: