Red Dead Redemption 2

Mole_Toonfan

I liked Vice City better, but it's hard to say how much of that is down to having the game spoiiled. That ending would have been amazing going in fresh. I found the gameplay more repetitive too, and basically just rushed the campaign missing a lot of side-quests which I usually try not to do in open worlds.

You didn't do the strangers missions?  They were class, some of the better moments in the game imo.

I liked Vice City better, but it's hard to say how much of that is down to having the game spoiiled. That ending would have been amazing going in fresh. I found the gameplay more repetitive too, and basically just rushed the campaign missing a lot of side-quests which I usually try not to do in open worlds.

You didn't do the strangers missions?  They Nah, I diwere class, some of the better moments in the game imo.

I think I did a couple but left most. As I said it's fairly unusual that I would do that but I just wanted to complete the game. I'm massively sensative to spoilers like, they really effect me :lol:

It's why I hate it when someone on here even mentions a film has a twist, it's like howay man, now I'm going to be looking out for that instead of just enjoying the movie.

Guest firetotheworks

Vice City's mint, but they're chalk and cheese. I preferred RDR, but I can see why you'd prefer Vice City.

I think GTA's been boring as sin since 4 tbh. Nothing's changed, it's just bigger and more.

They are mostly 1 and 2 regardless probably.

I tried playing Vice City recently and like most games from that era it hasn't aged well.

Don't mean visually either, but in terms of controls and the gunplay.

I didn't realise how much they improved the gunplay and controls in the years since. It was very jarring to experience but I suppose that's the case for most PS2 games but I haven't tried many others.

I'd hate to know how I'd feel with PS1 games :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, try Goldeneye on an N64 controller now. :lol: The controls are fucking mental, despite seeming fine at the time.

I see you can pre-order RDR2 now. I'm wondering why on earth anyone would do such a thing? Especially so early on. I presume they don't even take the money until it's released. And there's no mention of me getting to play as Goldberg. So what's the point?

They are mostly 1 and 2 regardless probably.

I tried playing Vice City recently and like most games from that era it hasn't aged well.

Don't mean visually either, but in terms of controls and the gunplay.

I didn't realise how much they improved the gunplay and controls in the years since. It was very jarring to experience but I suppose that's the case for most PS2 games but I haven't tried many others.

I'd hate to know how I'd feel with PS1 games :lol:

I instantly regretted buying Vice City for the PS4, felt horrible to play.

Have you played The Last of Us?

No.  Sadly not, as it looks incredible and have heard great things.  I'm on Xbox 360/One, so missed out on a lot of PS exclusives.

Its the one game i actually bought the PS4 for,  as of yet i haven't come across a better story in a game. The soundtrack alone is quite haunting.  You actually get emotionally attached to Joel & Ellie no game has done that for me quite like the last of us.

Anyway back on topic. Cant wait for RD2 seriously it seems to have been an age in the coming. I was sceptical regarding the orig RD but boy it was something else!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...