Nintendo Switch

Mole_Toonfan

Guest firetotheworks

It looks like a good compromise between their insistence upon doing their whole unnecessary innovation thing and the people who just want them to make a normal games console with great games.

Reading about the idea made me sceptical but that looked pretty damn good. Retirement of the gameboy/ds line? Even though it was making them loads of money. Also Nintendo will be nintendo, its apparently cartridge based. Is it the 90s again?

Shocked to see Skyrim there :lol:

Other than that mostly seems like Wii U games so impossible to tell how weak or powerful it is graphics wise, the concept seems like a good idea though.

makes sense to get a good sized 3rd party developer onside from the start (always the main problem with nintendo) and Bethesda is one of the better ones, might see a goty edition for fallout 4 in the launch lineup

Guest firetotheworks

Reading about the idea made me sceptical but that looked pretty damn good. Retirement of the gameboy/ds line? Even though it was making them loads of money. Also Nintendo will be nintendo, its apparently cartridge based. Is it the 90s again?

Other than that mostly seems like Wii U games so impossible to tell how weak or powerful it is graphics wise, the concept seems like a good idea though.

makes sense to get a good sized 3rd party developer onside from the start (always the main problem with nintendo) and Bethesda is one of the better ones, might see a goty edition for fallout 4 in the launch lineup

Nintendo fucking hate loading times like. :lol:

Was it not Zelda?

Was it not Zelda?

Both, one of them was Skyrim about 1:05 onwards.

I think it looks ace. I loved my DS Lite but didn't bother with the the 3DS as I couldn't justify the price of console and games for something I only really use on holiday (had an R4 for my DS), well on board with a home console that I can take elsewhere though. Assume it'll come with an external charger so that you can take the handheld unit away with you?

Guest firetotheworks

The frame rate looked a bit choppy when that guy was playing it in the park like, hopefully it was the trailer rather than the console. I wonder how much it'll be. My guess is £250, which I'd happily pay for it.

That looks class :lol:

It fits the requirements perfectly for what a handheld console that can be played on a big screen should be. I was worried it was just going to be a tablet that you can plug in.

Glad there seems to be no daft gimmicks (touchscreen, motion controls etc), just back to basics of controlling a game with an actual control pad.

Surprised From Software are there, guess that means they are getting a Dark Souls port. Could see Dark Souls being played on the go could be a decent selling point for a lot of people. [emoji38]

Dark Souls should not be on a hand held device. Just asking to be thrown.

Guest firetotheworks

Probably just you, yeah. :lol:

I probably wouldn't even play it out and about, I've just wanted a normal, straight down the line Nintendo console since the Gamecube, and that's the nearest it's got to looking like they've gone back to that.

So just me who is completely uninterested then? Maybe if you travel a lot, it's a good idea, but there's no way I'm bringing that with me out on a day trip or owt similar.

I'm not particularly interested atm but i do think the concept of it is a good idea for multiple reasons.